Scholarship Competition Announcement
In order to promote excellence in academic disciplines, NABA intends to support highly motivated and talented young people, by offering 35 scholarships that partially cover the tuition fees to attend two-year Master of Art Degrees starting in February 2017.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the evaluation of the candidate’s portfolio, motivation letter and curriculum vitae.
Who Can Participate?
- Students having a university degree certificate or a first-level academic diploma or equivalent title, earning that qualification within the last term of academic year 2015/16.
- The selection will be also open to applicants having a proven professional experience in relevant fields for the chosen educational path.
The deadline for sending applications is October 14th 2016.
What to Submit
Candidates willing to participate must submit the following materials:
- application for partecipation
- application for admission (download it here)
- curriculum vitae
- artistic/professional portfolio
- motivation letter
- previous study plans and university degree certificate or first-level academic diploma (if already earned when making the application)
- certificates of other courses or seminars attended, if any
- valid Passport copy
- certificate of knowledge of English or Italian – level B1.2 (according to the chosen program)
For each of the Master of Arts Programs starting in February, NABA will award:
- 1st prize: nr. 1 scholarship per program covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program (either in English or Italian language)
- 2nd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program (either in English or Italian language)
- 3rd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program (either in English or Italian language)
- 4th prize: nr. 2 special mentions covering 30% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program (either in English or Italian language)
- 5th prize: nr. 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program (either in English or Italian language)
When Will the Results Be Communicated?
The list of scholarship awards will be published, and results will be communicated by email to students within November 7th, 2016.
How Do I Accept My Scholarship?
Candidates who have been awarded a scholarship must enrol within and no later than November 14th 2016, otherwise the scholarship will be revoked.
The scholarships awarded but not accepted will be transferred to the following candidate in the list, provided that the latter will be deemed as eligible.
In order to enroll in the Master of Arts degree programs, non EU-passport citizens shall comply with the mandatory procedure set by the Italian Ministry of Education and Research.
It applies to everyone who is interested in enrolling in any Italian University or Academy which is officially recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education and that will hence grant you an official Degree at the end of your studies.
This procedure consists in the pre-enrollment at your local Italian Embassy/Consulate which will allows you to book a seat within the yearly quota of non-EU passport holders wishing to study in Italy.
You are asked to fill in a form called A-Bis or F-Bis (available at the Italian Embassy/Consulate located in the place where you live) which has to be submitted within a specific timeframe.
The deadline for the academic year 2016/2017 is July 7 2016, however we invite you to check directly with your Italian Embassy/Consulate which may accept late pre-enrollments.
If you have not submitted your A/F-Bis form on time and the Embassy/Consulate cannot accept your late pre-enrollment, you will not be able to obtain your study visa for enrollment to Italian Universities/Academies.
Therefore, if you have been accepted to NABA, you will not have the chance to fully enroll in the 2-year Master of Arts Degree Program. As an option, you can consider attending the postgraduate programs as an auditor (Diploma Program).
Diploma Programs have the same curricula and (the) same examinations as the MA Programs, however they lead to the award of a NABA Diploma and not a Degree.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: