We at the Democracy Study Centre promote young professionals in their development as responsible academic, civic and economic experts. The idea of the Center is to foster the dialogue between the scholars from Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Belarus and Russia, particularly encouraging application from the Donetsk and Luhansk former residents and IDPs.
The DSC is structured in explorative formats that allow our 25 scholars reflect their experiences and develop group projects throughout the course of the programme:
- All project groups exchange ideas with peers in the Forum and with public figures and experts from various fields in the DSC Events
- In methodical workshops of the Democracy Lab they gain hands-on skills to advance their Scholar Group Projects
- In the Thematic Seminars the analytical approach to topics such as democratization and europeanization will facilitate regionally specific insights allowing the DSC scholars to invest the acquired knowledge into their group projects
- The five to six group projects will be mentored by the two research groups - the four fellows and two seniors fellows of the DSC
As strong actors in their respective fields, the DSC scholars learn how to critically engage in political debates and to work interdisciplinarily the scholar group projects they have chosen to prepare during as the ideas potentially contributing to democratic and societal development in their countries.
We educate the next generation of experts and leaders who will become ambassadors of the yet very young Democracy Study Center. They contribute to the growing experiences of this international and intersectional learning space and serve as the role models for the scholars in the years to come.
Where and when?
The programme starts in November 2016 and ends in June 2017. Regular teaching units and events will take place in Kiev, Ukraine
Is there any financial support?
Participant receive monthly scholarships to cover living and travel costs. Also project funding will be provided (working material, etc.). All selected candidates will have to sign a scholarship contract.
How to apply?
Apply online until the 11th of September 2016 sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and providing the following documents in one PDF file:
- personal data/CV
- motivation letter (max 1 page)
- Write an essay (in English, 1200-1500 words) on one of the topics :
1. “Me as a community leader” - tell us about your engagement!
2. Your idea for the topic “How to involve citizens in the essential democracy activities on the local level?”
- references (your achievements, blogs, articles, etc.) if available
- academic certificates
- ainformation about your participation in similar trainings/courses/workshops
- fluent English is a must
The best applicants will be interviewed via Skype after 18th of September!!
For more information click "Further official information" below.