Reynolds Journalism Institute International Fellowship
The Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute invites proposals from people and institutions to collaborate with RJI on ideas and projects that will help us understand and meet the information needs of individuals in their roles as citizens.
Some areas of particular interest include:
- Projects focused on inclusivity and engaging communities.
- Applied research that helps us better understand the business and practice of journalism.
- New techniques, tools and technologies.
- Prototypes that need further development and market testing.
- Ideas for new revenue streams or business models that many news organizations could adopt.
Each fellowship includes a stipend. Residential fellows receive an $80,000 stipend and a $10,000 one-time housing or relocation allowance. Nonresidential fellows receive a $20,000 stipend, plus research and travel support. The institutional fellowship stipend — $20,000 — is paid to the company or institution and can be used for salary relief or for another purpose to best ensure the success of the fellowship project.
RJI Fellowships are open to U.S. citizens and foreign journalists.
The deadline to apply is Feb. 15.
If you have questions or need more information, contact Roger Gafke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing your ideas.