FIOFA is a new film academy, situated in Ohrid. It continues in the long tradition of the Prague Film and TV School (FAMU), the fifth oldest film school in the world. FAMU’s graduates include many influential filmmakers and scriptwriters, many known within international context as Oscar winners or laureates of international film festivals, e.g. Milos Forman, Emir Kusturica, Rajko Grlić, Agniezska Holland and many others.
Applying for 2016/2017 Academic Year!
The application for all departments is NOW OPEN!
The final deadline for Applications, including all attachments, will be June the 6th, 2016 year.
Oral exams will be held on June 14th & 15th in Ohrid or by Skype.
You can find all the requirements for each of the departments on these pages:
- Screenwriting requirements
- Creative Producing requirements
- Directing requirements
- Cinematography requirements
- Post-production requirements
In accordance with Article 55, paragraph 1 from the Law on the organization and operation of the State administration bodies (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia” No. 58/00, 44/02, 82/08, 167/10 and 51/11), Article 52 from the Law on Scientific Research Activities (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia” No. 46/08, 103/08, 24/11, 80/12, 24/13, 147/13, 41/14, 145/15, 154/15, 30/16 and 53/16), and Article 3-a from the Rulebook on the manner and procedure for funding, creation and development of the scientific and research professionals (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia”, No.18/12, 64/13, 98/13, 10/14, 88/14, 74/15, 140/15 and 178/15), the Ministry of Education and Science announces a
for post-graduate studies at PSI Film Institute, Ohrid Film Academy, for the academic year of 2016/2017
- The Ministry of Education and Science shall award 30 (thirty) scholarships for the academic year 2016/2017 for post-graduate studies at PSI Film Institute, Ohrid Film Academy, as follows:
- Screenwriting – 5 scholarships
- Directing – 5 scholarships
- Creative Production – 5 scholarships
- Cinematography – 5 scholarships
- Film Editing – 5 scholarships
- Sound design – 5 scholarships
- CONDITIONS FOR AWARDING THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates shall be eligible for a scholarship if they fulfil the following conditions:
- They should be enrolled in the second cycle od studies at PSI Film Institute, Ohrid Film Academy for the first time in the first year.
- They should have completed first cycle studies, in duration of three, i.e. four years;
- They should not be beneficiaries of another scholarship, and
- They should be proficient in English, for which they should provide a certificate.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Candidates who have applied on the competition should provide the following documents:
- Diploma for completed first cycle of academic studies and a Certificate of achieved results (verified with Notary Public);
- Certificate that the candidate has been admitted in the first year of second cycle of studies in the academic year of 2016/2017 at PSI Film Institute, Ohrid Film Academy and the Department where the candidate has been admitted.
- Signed statement by the candidate that he/she is not the beneficiary of scholarship in the second cycle of studies offered by other providers (verified with Notary Public);
- Certificate of knowledge in the English language,
Documents issued by institutions abroad should be translated in Macedonian by a certified court translator.
Required documents for the award of scholarships for academic second cycle studies may be submitted in the original or verified copy thereof.
III. AMOUNT OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship shall cover the study expenses for the beneficiary, in accordance with Article 3-a, paragraph 2 from the Rulebook on the manner and procedure for funding, creation and development of scientific and research professionals (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia” No.18/12, 64/13, 98/13, 10/14, 88/14, 74/15 and 140/15).
The annual scholarship (tuition) shall be EUR 9.000 in MKD counter value. The Ministry of Education and Science shall pay the tuition at the higher education institution for the first year of the studies, and payment of the tuition shall continue subsequently the following years, under the condition that the beneficiary fulfils the obligations from the first, i.e. second year, as defined with the Statute of the higher education institution, for which the candidate must provide evidence to the Ministry.
- MANNER AND TERM OF APPLICATION
The period for submission of the documents to the Ministry of Education and Science shall be: 15.09.2016.
Documents should be delivered at the address or in the Archive, at:
Ministry of Education and Science
at “Ss. Cyril and Methodius” St.,No. 54
(“Nova Makedonija” building)
(Labeled as “Scholarships for second cycle studies at PSI Film Institute, Ohrid Film Academy)
The main criterion for receiving the scholarship shall be that PSI Film Institute, Ohrid Film Academy accepts the application for studies submitted by the candidate.
I case of equal scoring when ranking the applications, those who have better results from the graduate studies shall have the advantage when ranking.
Incomplete documents and documents submitted after the deadline shall not be taken in consideration.
You can find information about the conditions and criteria for awarding the scholarships at the Ministry of Education and Science.
Darko Tomovski +389 2 3140 183, e-mail: email@example.com
Anastasija Trajkovska e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: