These scholarships are part of a group of Strategic Scholarships for the Faculty of Culture and Society.
To encourage and stimulate full-time domestic and international students in a Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy for the School of Education.
- The scholarships are open to all eligible Domestic and International postgraduate students. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- • Applicants must meet the entry criteria for the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme at AUT in the Faculty of Culture and Society.
- Applicants must be enrolling or be enrolled in a doctoral programme of study and be prepared to commit to their research full-time in the School of Education.
- The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the School of Education has the expertise and capacity to offer supervision.
• The Faculty Scholarships Committee will form the selection panel or may, where appropriate, establish a selection panel in the School of Education to recommend recipients for the award to be confirmed by the Faculty Scholarships Committee.
• Selection of scholars will be based on academic merit, references, publications, professional background and the strategic importance of the research to the School of Education. Consideration will also be given to strategic equity objectives.
• Preference will be given to new students and applicants whose research aligns with the strategic research interests of the School of Education.
• Where a scholarship is not awarded in any particular year, these funds will be reallocated to provide for additional Strategic Scholarships as specified in the Faculty of Culture and Society Strategic Scholarships Terms of Reference.
• The decision of the Faculty Scholarships Committee is final.
As soon as possible after the closing date.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• The award of the scholarship is conditional on the recipient gaining entry to and enrolling full-time in an AUT Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme in the School of Education.
• Recipients must be prepared to commit full-time to their programme of research.
• This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with any other scholarship without the approval of the Faculty Scholarships Committee and Scholarships Office.
• Recipients must be resident in New Zealand to receive stipend payments. Stipends will not be paid to students living off-shore. Reasonable holiday leave overseas of no more than 4 weeks is acceptable.
• Scholarships payments will not be made retrospectively.
• Recipients must notify the School of Education and the Scholarships Office in writing if they wish to apply for a Leave of Absence or withdraw from their programme.
• Academic progress will be monitored. All recipients will be required to complete progress reports signed by their supervisors each semester. Recipients must achieve satisfactory progress reports to ensure the continued payment of all stipend instalments for the tenure of the scholarship.
Deferment/Leave of Absence
• The scholarship cannot be deferred. Students who are offered a scholarship but who do not take it up in the year of offer, forfeit the scholarship and must reapply to be considered in future application rounds.
• Recipients must be enrolled continuously in their programme of study. Recipients who are granted a Leave of Absence will have their scholarship payments suspended for the period of the leave of absence. Leave of Absence for students who have already commenced their degree will not usually be approved unless there are compelling medical or adverse personal circumstances beyond the student’s control.
• The Faculty Scholarships Committee has the power to terminate or suspend a scholarship if it receives an unsatisfactory report on the academic progress of a recipient.
• Scholars may hold the scholarship and also be employed by the School of Education but the employment arrangement will be managed separately under AUT’s Human Resources policies and processes.
The scholarship does not cover compulsory insurance for international students.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Phone: +64 9 921 9837
Auckland University of Technology
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application as details do change frequently.