Two post-doctoral candidates funded by the Norwegian Research Council are wanted to work on a project entitled "Protective immunity to Streptococcus pneumoniae". The goal is to develop better vaccines against pneumococcal infections.
This project is a collaboration between the CrossTalk group headed by Fernanda Petersen and Karl Schenck (Department of Oral Biology, The Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo), and national and international collaborators in the UK and Switzerland.
The fellowship period is for 3 years where 90 % is designated research and 10 % compulsory duty. Expected starting date is September 2015. The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines. No one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution.
Qualifications and Personal Skills
The Faculty of Dentistry has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials. Short-listed applicants may be invited for an interview.
Personal suitability and cooperation skills will receive special attention in the selection process. Applicants may be called in for an interview.
The application must include:
- Application letter stating how the candidate can contribute to the project and how she/he fits the description of the person we seek.
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- A short summary (1 page) of previous research activity
- 2 letters of recommendation, and 2 additional references, with address, telephone number, email and relationship stated
- Copies of educational certificates
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Documentation of English Proficiency, if educated in a non-English speaking institution
The application with attachments must be sent through our electronic recruiting system EasyCruit.
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Please also refer to the Guidelines for appointments to post-doctoral research fellowshipsat the University of Oslo.
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results.
- Job type:
- Working hours:
- Working days:
- Application deadline:
- 17. May 2015
- Expected Start Date:
- September 2015
- Reference number:
- Home page: