Pixar Animation Summer Internship
Pixar offers an exciting internship program intended to give students valuable “hands on” experience and exposure to our unique production environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals – to experience first hand “the day in the life of a Pixar Animator”.
Through our extensive 12-week, classroom based animation training course, Animation Interns will work in collaboration with Animation Mentors to do the following:
- Using our proprietary animation software, your acting skills and animation ability, you will be supported and challenged as you work through a set of assignments beginning with the bouncing ball, and ending up with a full body acting shot.
- Gain knowledge of the production pipeline process
- Attend animation dailies
- Working towards a degree or certificate in classical animation, film, or related field and/or within one year of your graduation date
- Demo reel (or work in progress) that demonstrates application of the principles of animation to tell a story with meaning through movement
- Ability to use acting skills, which bring characters to life - as well as clearly communicate simple ideas with which an audience can empathize
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles
- An art background, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form
- Storytelling skills preferred
- Computer animation experience helpful but not required
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to work quickly and collaboratively
- A great attitude and strong work ethic
- Apply online with your resume and cover letter
- Please ensure that you have agreed to the Terms at the end of the on-line application. You will not be able to continue without this affirmation. By agreeing, you are agreeing to the terms of the Submission Release
- With this application, please provide a link to your online demo reel in the "demo reel” section of the application. You will not be considered for the internship without an online demo reel
- Due to the high volume of submissions, we're not able to provide feedback
- You will receive an email acknowledging the successful receipt of your on-line application.
- Depending on the amount of applicants, we're generally able to make final hiring decisions approximately 6-8 weeks after the posted deadline date
Term: Summer 2016 (June - August) All application materials must be submitted by Sunday, March 1, 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: