Perstorp Focused Innovation Challenge
With over 130 years of experience as leaders in the specialty chemicals market, Perstorp has been around to experience some of the biggest recent changes society has faced. Based on its vast knowledge, Perstorp has identified three broad categories of challenges facing the future. You can choose to join the competition in one of the following tracks:
In 40 years, most of the population in the world will have a longer life expectancy, more leisure time, travel more, etc. With its unique properties, the Capa™ Thermoplastic material can be used in many applications, which creates value in a person’s life. Just a few examples of applications include: medical, leisure, sports, household etc. However, only your imagination sets the limits.
How can Capa™ Thermoplastic create value for people in the next 40 years?
According to the UN, there will be approximately 10 billion people in the world 40 years from now*, creating even more stress on our planet. Perstorp is producing Capa™ Caprolactone Thermoplastic, which gives products an attractive end-of-life management, as it is fully degradable. Capa™ Thermoplastic waste will convert into safe and harmless components when disposed.
How can Capa™ Thermoplastic help to sustain an inhabitable planet Earth?
DIGITALIZATION & CONNECTIVITY
People, as well as electronic devices, are more and more connected. This has already had a major impact on our everyday life, both for individuals and for business. We know we are in the middle of one of the greatest revolutions that has ever taken place. We can only speculate in what direction it will take us.
How can Capa™ Thermoplastic contribute to a constantly connected world in the next 40 years?
Submissions will consist of the following:
- Title of your idea/innovation (open to the public*)
- Image of your idea/innovation (open to the public)
- A short description of the problem your innovation is addressing and its personal connection to you (open to the public)
- Submission template file
- File containing the detailed description/image of your innovation (1 page)
The detailed file solution should adhere to the following rules:
- The solution should consist of one innovation with visual sketches and/or description in PDF format
- The file must not exceed 1 page
- Participants will receive more information on how to submit their work once they have registered online
- Only one entry per participant/team is accepted; each participant/team can register only once
Screening Dates & Processes
Following the competition deadline, a panel of industry judges will evaluate all complete submissions and will determine the finalists based on the judging criteria listed below.
After the finalists are selected and contacted, finalists and their submissions will be presented on the competition website. Each of the three finalists will then get the chance to modify and refine their submission in order to present in front of the jury and top Perstorp management in February. The jury will evaluate the finalists’ submissions and determine the winner in April 2016. The winner will get the chance to modify and refine their idea further with guidance and assistance from Perstorp. One winner will be selected and invited to present their winning concept at K-Fair in October in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Experts and industry leaders will make the final decision and select the winners of the competition. Visit the section Prizes & Judges - http://www.perstorpinnovation.com/competitions/perstorp-focused-innovation-challenge/pages/prizes-judges for more details about the jury.
The judges’ decision is final and cannot be appealed. The judges reserve the right to not select a winner if a sufficient level of quality is not reached.
Each entry will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Role of Capa™ in solving the issue
- Innovation height
- Value for society
- Consumer benefit
- Personal connection to the chosen problem
The competition organizers reserve the right to choose the winners at their sole discretion. Although not anticipated, competition rules and prizes may be changed or altered at any time.
Terms & Conditions
When registering an account, it is necessary to accept Sqore's Terms & Conditions - https://sqore.com/terms, which apply for all competitions organized by Sqore.
- All users must provide submissions that the user has created him/herself.
- All users must provide personal information that is truthful and accurate.
- Sqore reserves the right to exclude users at their sole discretion.
- The winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to the acceptance of the prize
Competition organizers reserve the right to disqualify submissions that present an idea/innovation that closely resembles a product already in production by Perstorp, or any of Perstorp's existing customers.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: