Introduction to Programming with Java, Part 1: Starting to Code with Java
Learn to program with Java in an easy and interactive way!
This is an introductory course to learn programming with Java. It is comprised of three parts, of which Part 1 introduces programming on the basis of familiar concepts, like calculators and games. This edition is an improved version of the course released in April 2015.
Powerful concepts such as functional abstraction, the object oriented programming (OOP) paradigm and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are progressively introduced throughout the five weeks. Examples and case studies are provided so that learners can implement simple programs on their own or collaborating with peers.
What you'll learn
- Basic knowledge on algorithms and Java programming
- Develop programs with conditionals and loops
- Design and implement recursive algorithms
- Understand basic mechanisms of the OOP paradigm
- Use and interpret the API of some of the most common Java classes
- Develop simple programs in Java