Nuclear Age Peace Foundation Paid Internships
The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation is offering paid summer internship positions in 2016 at its Santa Barbara office. Interns must have a demonstrated interest in gaining hands-on experience working with a non-profit educational and advocacy organization. Applications for these positions must be received by March 1, 2016.
The intern’s specific responsibilities will be determined based on his/her field of interest/study and individual skills. We take our internship program very seriously and give interns meaningful projects that directly further our mission.
The successful applicant will be an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in an accredited US college or university. Students from all majors will be considered for the internship positions. Recent graduates are also eligible.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to NAPF’s vision, mission and guiding principles;
- Strong writing skills;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Some knowledge of nuclear weapons and peace issues.
Applications are due by March 1, 2016, and must include the following:
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a teacher or professor;
- A letter of intent outlining your work experience, educational background, field of study, what you plan to pursue upon graduation and the date you can begin the internship;
- A copy of your resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- One writing sample;
- A copy of your transcript (unofficial transcript is fine).
Send all application materials by email (rwayman [at] napf.org) or post to Rick Wayman, Director of Programs:
Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
PMB 121, 1187 Coast Village Rd, Suite 1
Santa Barbara, CA 93108