All positions are for outstanding, active researchers from around the world, to work on an important piece of Asia-related research in the social sciences or humanities.
Applicants should only apply for ONE of the four types of position (i.e. Senior Research Fellow, Research Fellow, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Visiting Senior Research Fellow). Apart from the quality of the research proposal, the applicant’s track record and supporting references, positions will be awarded on the basis of the relationship of the research topic to the identified priorities and themes of ARI’s research clusters as listed in Research Clusters and Their Focus (click here).
Applicants need to indicate the particular Research Cluster(s) to which they are applying. In cases where there may be overlapping research interests, you may nominate up to a maximum of 2 clusters.
During their term at ARI, recipients are expected to submit a working paper (not more than 10,000 words) to the ARI Working Paper Series. Candidates are also required to deliver research seminar(s), contribute to cluster activities, and to acknowledge ARI in any publications arising from work undertaken at the Institute.
Interested scholars are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
- A completed application form (please click here to download the application form). Please ensure to complete all sections of the form and submit it to us in MS Word or equivalent editable format. If a section is not applicable to your application, please state ‘NA’.
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Synopsis of the proposed research project (maximum of 8-10 single-spaced pages);
- At least one short sample of published work, preferably in English.
- It is primarily your responsibility to ensure that two letters of reference are sent to us in confidence via email reporting on your academic standing, potential and proposed research by 3 September 2019.
- Reference letters must clearly state your name, position and the cluster(s) that you have applied for.
- Closing date for applications is 3 September 2019. You may wish to check with your referees that they have submitted their references before the closing date.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Please note that only fully completed applications will be considered (including submission of the two letters of reference).
- Please keep your email and attachments below 10MB by zipping any large files. Files larger than 10MB may be rejected by our email system.
- As we receive a high volume of applications, we strongly encourage you to apply well before the closing date.
- The appointment is conditional on approval by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Ministry of Manpower granting you an Employment Pass or other applicable work passes.
- We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email). Candidates who do not hear from the University within 10 weeks after the closing date may assume the position has been filled.
- Submissions of applications, reference letters and/or queries are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in the last segment of this advertisement
SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS/RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS
You will work under the supervision of the Cluster Leader and take the lead in duties such as organising workshops and conferences, applying for grant funding, participating in current cluster projects, and carrying out new projects. Administrative duties and committee work may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Applicants must have a PhD from a reputable university, and a developing publication record, preferably in the English Language.
- Only candidates with more than 5 years of research experience after their PhD may apply for a Senior Research Fellowship position.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: