Visiting Scholarships (Dept. III)
For questions about the working groups and Department III, please contact Wilko Graf von Hardenberg; for technical questions regarding the application portal, for administrative questions concerning the position and the Institute, please first contact the Department secretary.
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin, Department III, Artefacts, Action, and Knowledge, Director: Prof. Dr. Dagmar Schäfer, offers Visiting Scholarships, 3-9 months to take place in the period 1 January 2018 to 31 August 2019. Outstanding scholars beyond the postdoc phase of their careers are invited to apply for participation in the working groups:
-„The Art of Judgement“, in particular projects that connect the history of judgments in planning with current concerns about the different dimensions of global change.
- “The Body of Animals”, in particular projects that focus on animals' bodies and materiality, or consider animals in relation to commodification, technology, or the environment.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Candidates are requested to submit, via our online application portal:
- a cover letter
- curriculum vitae (including list of publications)
- a research proposal on a topic related to the project (1000 words maximum)
- one sample of writing (i.e. article or book chapter)
- names and email addresses of two referees
Deadline for submission: 15 July 2017
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.