Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ), Großbeeren
The Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) aims for excellence in horticultural research and related plant, environmental and social sciences. IGZ is based in Großbeeren near Berlin and is a member of the Leibniz Association (WGL). IGZ conducts strategic and international research for the sustainable production and use of vegetables, contributing to food security, human well-being and the conservation of natural resources. At IGZ, researchers from different disciplines work together on core-funded and grant-funded projects, in collaboration with national and international research partners.
Our institute is interested in the generation of highly nutritional plant-based food. The work contributes to a sustainable production of high quality horticultural products meeting consumer demands.
Within the BMBF joint project „Food4Future“ (F4F) of the BMBF Call „Agrarsysteme der Zukunft“ the IGZ-Department Plant Quality and Food Security is looking for a
Research assistant (f/m/div.)
Reference number: 14/2019/3
Employment will be available for 37 months and the salary will be according to wage group EG 13 (TV-L, salary domain east, 65% of the regular working time). There is the opportunity for doctoral studies at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences of the University of Potsdam.
The joint project "Food4Future" develops prerequisites for nutrition in an all-encompassing resilient society. In the process, innovative solutions in the food and agro sector are to ensure a sustainable, adequate and healthy diet, taking into account possible future scenarios. The focus of this project is on the cultivation and targeted abiotic influence on the metabolite profile of halophytes.
- conception and evaluation of experimental settings of halophytes
- analyses of plant metabolites in particular metabolites of the secondary metabolism
- publishing of research results
Skills and requirements:
- a highly motivated candidate with a master or equivalent degree in food chemistry, biology, nutritional science, bio-chemistry, or related disciplines
- effective knowledge in modern analytical techniques like HPLC/MS and GC/MS
- basic knowledge in molecular biological methods is favorable
- excellent English communication skills
- an ability to work independently in an interdisciplinary research field
Do you fancy a demanding and stimulating environment, a varied work in a dedicated team and are you also imaginative and resilient? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.