Laka Competition ‘16—Architecture that Reacts
Laka invites designers from around the world to submit their ideas of architecture that reacts. That means architecture which is able to respond and adjust dynamically to the current needs and circumstances. These circumstances are often unpredictable, but their consequences can be crucial. The architecture that reacts is the architecture that lives as a living organism, since it responds to the external stimuli and it develops because of it.
- Qun Dang (Architect, Principal Partner at MAD Architects)
- Ana María Gutiérrez (Architect, Co-founder of Fundación Organizmo, Ashoka Fellow)
- Peter Kuczia (IARP and BAK Architect, author of CO2 Saver House)
- Julien De Smedt (Architect, Founder of JDS Architects)
- Arturo Vittori (Architect, Co-founder of Warka Water NGO, Director of A&V)
- Nathalie de Vries (Architect, Urban Planner, Co-founder of MVRDV)
- Tobias Wallisser (Architect, Co-Founder of LAVA Laboratory For Visionary Architecture)
5000 USD will be distributed among winners
- 1st PRIZE: 2500 USD
- 2nd PRIZE: 1500 USD
- 3rd PRIZE: 1000 USD
In addition: 10 honourable mentions will be selected. Winners and laureates of special mentions will be published in several international online magazines, and at the Laka Competitions website. The best proposals will be selected by the international panel of judges.
There are only 2 weeks of “Regular Registration”. “Late Registration” starts on 2nd of October until 1st of November
We invite architects, students, engineers, biologists, sociologists, designers, thinkers and organizations to submit their ideas. No professional qualifications are necessary. Interdisciplinary teams are also encouraged to join.
- Registration opens in April, 2016
- Early Registration: 50 USD until June 1, 2016
- Regular Registration: 75 USD until October 1, 2016
- Late Registration: 100 USD until November 1, 2016
- Project submission deadline: November 1, 2016
- Jury deliberation: November, 2016
- Winners’ announcement: December 1, 2016
UTC time zone for all dates
Participants may submit multiple projects, but must register each entry. There is no limit as to the number of participants per team. Individual entries are allowed.
After your registration has been approved, we will send you a unique number for your team (within 48 hours) and further information concerning the way your project should be submitted. If you didn’t received confirmation within this period, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration number will be necessary to submit your proposal.
●Participants must submit their proposal not later than November 01, 2016 (23:59 UTC) at email@example.com ●This is a digital competition and the boards must be prepared in digital format. Hardcopies will not be accepted.
●The project submission must contain the following files:
1. One board 24”(h) X 48”(w) in horizontal format with 150 dpi, saved as JPG file in RGB mode. Board should include all the information that entrants consider necessary to explain their proposal. In the upper right corner the registration number must be included. This is an anonymous competition and the registration number must be the only form of identification. JPG file must be named according to the registration number (e.g. 0227.jpg)
2. A DOC file with the projects statement (up to 500 words). The DOC file must be named according to the registration number (e.g. 0227-statement.doc).
3. A DOC file with the entrants’ personal information: name, profession, address, email. In a case of team, a team representative must be indicated. The DOC file must be named according to the registration number (ex. 0227-team.doc).
All three files must be placed in a folder named according to your registration number and archived to a ZIP file (e.g. 0227.zip)
Rules and Regulations
Participants can submit their inquiries concerning regulations of the competition to the firstname.lastname@example.org
●All projects must be submitted in English
●This is an anonymous competition. The registration number is the only form of identification.
●The registration fee is non-refundable
●Contacting the Jury is prohibited
●Entrants will be disqualified if any of the rules and regulations are not followed
●Laka Competition reserves the right to modify the competition schedule
●All participants must accept the Rules and Regulations
Take part in the international challenge! Register now.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: