Two major objectives of The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation are
1)to contribute to the society by promoting international understanding and
2)to realize the society where mankind respect and harmonize with nature under the concept -coexistence of Nature and Mankind-.
In line with this goal, the foundation provides funds to research activities in the areas of humanities and social sciences which pertain to above mentioned two objectives.
Focus and Scope of Research to be Granted
||Focus and Scope of Research
* Research activities of social, academic and international needs in the areas of humanities and social sciences which promote international understanding and/or coexistence of Nature and Mankind. Those should contribute to the society by developing personnel with international perspective, establishing international relationships, solving various issues existing between Japan and other countries, and coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
; especially pioneering research based on creative ideas is welcomed.
- Profit-making research or those which have a high probability of profit making.
- Research which has substantially been completed.
- Research which requires a huge amount of research expenses.
- Research that the periods of which are less than half of the terms of research grant.
||Eligibility and Conditions for Applicants
- Students in doctoral course and researchers within five years after finishing doctoral course,
who have not received grants from the foundation in the past.,
(Eligibility must be judged with your position when you submit the application sheet.)
- There are no restrictions based on nationality, affiliation, or area of residence.
Outline of the Grants
||Number of Grant Recipients
Around 50 students/researchers
||Amount of Grants
- The maximum amount of grant per student/researcher is 500,000 yen.
- The amount of each grant will be assessed by the content of each research project and the rationality of its budget.
||Term of Grants
Term of grants shall be one year from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018.
||Use of Grants
- Grants are for necessary expenses in carrying out and putting research plans in order, and expenses shall be itemized in accordance with List of Items of Expenditures in a separate page. The Applied amount and the itemized budget should always match with each other.
- Expenses required for printing reports, issuing publications, holding symposiums and attending overseas academic conferences for the purpose of opening the results of the research to the public shall not be included in the grants.
||Main Duties of the Recipients and Others
- The recipients of the grants shall conclude agreements with the Foundation and report on the process, results and accounts of research upon completion to the Foundation. When the valid reports are not submitted within 6 months after the grants period, total grants will be returned to the Foundation.
- Receipts for over 10,000 Yen must be submitted with reports. Other receipts must be kept and submitted when the Foundation requests.
- Surplus must be returned.
- Please take note in advance that the process and result of the research will be made public through the website etc. of the Foundation.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: