The Keyman Modern Turkish Studies Program supports this grant for individual or group research projects in modern Turkish studies. Projects collaborating with Turkish institutions and colleagues will be given priority.
The number and distribution of funded projects will be determined by the number of proposals received and the funding requested by applicants. All awards will be made as scholarship awards and will be paid out through the University's payroll system.
Projects in all disciplines of the humanities and social sciences are eligible; applicants should place the proposed work in an interdisciplinary context by explaining its relevance to modern Turkey. Projects may build on existing research, or they may be an entirely new initiative, as long as they are on modern Turkey.
Northwestern faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduates are eligible for these travel awards. Students must be affiliates of the Buffett Institute.
- October 1 for winter & spring projects
- February 1 for summer projects
- May 1 for summer & fall projects
- Complete the Buffett Institute FluidReview Application. Be sure to include a concise description of the research, scholarship, or creative activity, as well as an itemized budget.
- Graduate and undergraduate students must also submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member. The letter should be submitted by faculty through FluidReview.
A committee organized by the Buffett Institute will decide on awards and notify winners within 4-6 weeks of each deadline.
General questions can be sent to email@example.com.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.