With its 4,100 employees and 32,000 students, the University of Graz provides an exciting and varied work environment. Due to our research and teaching competence we are a central institution for guaranteeing that Styria remains a research and education location.
The Centre for South-East European Studies is looking for a
University Assistant without doctorate
(20 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 3 years; position to be filled as of now )
- Participation in research tasks
- Participation in teaching and teaching support
- Administrative support
- Master degree in the humanities, social sciences or law with a main focus on South-East Europe
- Special focus on South-East Europe in studies or individual research
- Very good command of English
- Knowledge of one of the languages of South-East Europe (desirable)
- Teaching experience (desirable)
- Experience in the realization of third-party research projects
- Innovative thinking and commitment to independent academic work
- Excellent communications and management skills
- Outstanding social skills and teamwork abilities
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 1331.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
Application Deadline: June 3rd 2015
Reference Number: MB/105/99 ex 2014/15
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and send your CV, a photo, two letters of recommendation as well as one page of research proposal to:
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: