The University of South Australia is an enterprising and dynamic, outward-looking institution established in 1991, but built on more than 150 years of teaching, learning and research excellence of our antecedent institutions. We are South Australia’s largest university, and continue to enjoy a strong upward trajectory across a number of key indicators and global rankings - we are ranked amongst the top 3% of universities worldwide and in the top 50 international universities under 50 years of age.
The Advanced Computing Research Centre (ACRC) is one of three University-Supported Research Centres within the School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences (ITMS) in the Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment (ITEE). The ACRC combines academic excellence and research experience with a highly collaborative approach to provide new and cost effective computing solutions. The expertise of the ACRC is with three complementary areas: intelligent software engineering, virtualisation and augmented reality, and data analytics and business intelligence. The ACRC will be leading multiple projects within the Data to Decisions Cooperative Research Centre (D2D CRC) between 2014 and 2019.
The ACRC is currently recruiting for a Research Fellow in Software Engineering to contribute to research efforts in the ACRC and the School and will develop their expertise through defined research projects linked to the D2D CRC.
- Manage the research project to achieve project milestones, and contribute to new ideas and approaches to support the development of new innovative technologies in keeping with the project software architecture and product roadmap.
- Design and evaluate semi-automatic data integration technologies.
- Undertake supervision and training of students as requested by the research leader.
- When requested, represent the D2D CRC and University of South Australia at public or professional functions, by means of making presentations, preparing information or attending meetings.
- Disseminate research findings through high-ranking Journal and Conference publications.
The responsibilities as specified above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.
- Some out of hours work will be required.
- Some inter/intra state travel will be required.
- Part of the work is expected to be done at the D2D HQ at Base64, Kent Town.
- A PhD in computer science or a relevant discipline.
- Good understanding of distributed databases and data science technologies.
- A strong track record of high quality journal and conference publications in the field of entity linking, distributed databases, or distributed data analysis methods.
- Experience and good programming skills in Java or other object oriented languages and the data science technology stack.
- High quality written and oral English communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills that contribute to effective team processes and building of constructive relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work with and aid in the supervision of honours or post-graduate research students.
- Experience in prototyping and evaluation of solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of research grant applications.
- Willing and eligible to hold (or currently hold) an Australian Government issued security clearance.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Preview the application form before you start your application. Ensure you have the following information for your online application:
- the name and contact details of at least two confidential work-related referees
- a cover letter detailing the reasons for your application and your suitability for the position
- your curriculum vitae
- any other supporting documentation (e.g. academic transcript)
- your responses to ONLY the selection criteria listed in the online application form.
- Tip – Write criteria in Word first to spell check and word count.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be lodged online through Working at UniSA page. If you experience any difficulty lodging your application visit FAQs of the official website . For further support contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
- If you have NOT registered with our new e-recruitment system, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button below.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, go to the login page of the website and follow the steps.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? check the Forgotten Password page on the website and follow the steps.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for – Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Applications close: 9.00 am Monday 16 May 2016
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: