Project Manager Impact Venture Accelerator
Location: Yerevan, ARMENIA
Application Deadline: 21-Aug-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category: Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Languages Required: English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Sep-2017
UNDP Armenia is working to advance the use of impact investment tools for development. In particular UNDP Armenia office is focusing on several initiatives under the concept of Impact Investment for Development Platform. More specifically these include structuring and putting in operations an impact venture accelerator, impact fund and introducing pay-for-performance schemes (e.g. social impact bond) for impact projects. The PM will be part of impact investment team that focused efforts on the above mentioned initiatives, will work under direct supervision of the Senior Adviser and in close cooperation with Kolba Lab team, other teams of UNDP Armenia, and the counterpart institutions/organizations.
- Passion for social innovation, entrepreneurship, impact investments
- Knowledge of major impact investment developments, emerging markets and development economies will be a strong asset;
- Experience and understanding of policy, advocacy, evaluation, business, and finance
- Strong project management skills (organization and implementation)
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under the pressure, with minimum supervision and on-distance;
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in business administration, economics, finance, international development;
- At least 3 years of Experience in working in the domains of Social Entrepreneurship; or Innovation; or Venture Capital, or Private Equity, or Impact Investment, or Project Incubation & Acceleration, or Project Finance;
- Experience in the fields of fundraising, business and economic research as well as working in SME environment and understanding the issues and challenges facing SMEs is strong assets
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Armenian. Knowledge of Russian is highly desirable.
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR;
- Having received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
- Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 100 points
- Criteria A – Master’s Degree in business administration, economics, finance, international development - max. 10 points;
- Criteria B – Experience in working in the domains of Social Entrepreneurship or Innovation or Venture Capital, or Private Equity, or Impact Investment, Project Incubation & Acceleration, or Project Finance - max. 15 points;
- Criteria C - Experience in the fields of fundraising, business and economic research as well as working in SME environment and understanding the issues and challenges facing SMEs – max. 15 points;
- Criteria D- Experience and understanding of policy, advocacy, evaluation, business, and finance - max. 10 points;
- Criteria E – Knowledge of English, Armenian and Russian- max. 10 points;
- Criteria F - Interview– max. 40 points;
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.
The contractor will be paid on a monthly basis for the number of days worked (up to a maximum of 20 days per month). For payment, certification of satisfactory performance and completed timesheets for each month are required. Evaluation of the outputs is the responsibility of the Senior Adviser .
OCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- UNDP Personal History form (P11)
- Letter of interest;
- Financial Proposal and Availably: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP
- General Conditions of Contract is available here
- Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position at: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=73805