Project Assistant for "Economic Integration of Syrian Refugees in Armenia (EISRA)" project within “Private Sector Development in South Caucasus” programme
START DATE/ TIME: mid of September 2017
DURATION: Until March 2018 (with possible extension)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The project Economic Integration of Syrian Refugees in Armenia is looking for a Project Assistant who will support the team members in general tasks such as secretariat work and services, office coordination, management, administration and knowledge management, monitoring of activities, event management, and reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring good communication and flow of information for 2 sister projects and with the GIZ office;
- Responsible for filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ's filing rules;
- Responsible for helping to collect and analyse data, possibly using PCs (surveys and observation).
Secretariat Work and Services
- Answer, review, forward and / or take calls;
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, e-mail), prioritise and organise it;
- Prepare and organise information materials for the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and/ or meetings;
- Help organise events and document meetings, workshops and seminars within or outside the project;
- Participate in internal and external meetings / workshops and assist in documenting this;
- Assist with and/ or carry out market surveys independently for purchases and minor contracts in accordance with specified survey methods;
- Assist with data analysis if necessary;
- Help prepare visitor programmes; draw up travel schedules; organise the transportation of staff and visitors and make hotel and ticket reservations;
- Participate in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assist in documenting it, e.g. by writing minutes and developing power point presentations.
Office Coordination, Office Management and General Coordination
- IT equipment and
- Check damage/ defects in office furnishings and equipment and report the programme management about it; support the Logistics Manager in organizing and following up on maintenance and repair.
Administration incl. Assistance for Accounting and Finance, and Knowledge Management
- Create an address file with important contact addresses and maintain it;
- Help create and maintain an electronic and physical filing system for the project; treat information confidentially, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance;
- Update the filing system daily with incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Maintain and regularly update the vacation and business trip calendar.
- prepares transfers and/or other bank documents and checks these before execution
- is responsible for administrative aspects of financial management, e.g. preparation of receipts/vouchers, cash book, bank withdrawals, direct debit orders
- checks unexpected entries in the cash book
- prepares documents for contracts
- initiates, conducts and documents market research for purchase and procurement of products and small services
- Receive participants; keep the participants lists for in-house events;
- instruct and overview housekeeper tasks,
- Communicate with service providers e.g. for catering, office supplies & maintenance, as well as landlord and GIZ structure;
- Coordinate event-related IT issues including the rental of translation equipment.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Perform other job related duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Graduate degree in a relevant subject (equivalent to BA or MBA);
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, e-mail and the Internet) and computer applications, such as MS Office;
- Very good knowledge of Armenian and English languages; German language skills in addition are of great value;
- Excellent management and organisational experience & skills;
- Strong and keen customer- and service-oriented attitude; trustworthy, reliable, responsible
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed. Corresponding measures are agreed with management.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: GIZ-Armenia@giz.de in English language. With getting the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" the receipt is confirmed. If not, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/1 Baghramyan Street, Yerevan. The candidates should indicate the vacancy they are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and should be available for interviews 19+20 September 2017.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 September 2017 15:00h Armenia time
ABOUT: The "Economic Integration of Syrian Refugees in Armenia (EISRA)" project is attached to the “Private Sector Development South Caucasus (PSD SC)” programme which operates on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in the three countries Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia with the aim of improving the conditions for foreign-trade sectors and pro-poor growth. To achieve this, the PSD SC programme focuses on three fields:
a) Improving the political frameworks;
b) Promoting private-sector development in selected value chains; and
c) Vocational education and training.
The implementation of policies, strategies and pilot measures are central activities.
The EISRA project under the umbrella of PSD SC has a facilitator role for multi-stakeholder coordination and cooperation along with pilot activities for business development and access to finance for the target group of persons displaced to Armenia due to the civil war in Syria.
The factsheet of EISRA project is available for download on www.syrarbi.am.