National Expert/Team Leader, National Human Development Report (NHDR) 2017-2018 on Youth
Application Deadline: 20-Jul-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 14-Aug-2017
Duration of Initial Contract: 14 August, 2017 – 15 May, 2018 (up to 80 working days)
National Human Development Reports (NHDR) are flagship publications of UNDP produced regularly to address certain topic relevant to country’s development and are aimed at providing policy recommendations and generating public debate around the topic.
It is expected that NHDR 2017/18 will focus on youth issues, their problems, their vision, and how their ideas and creative solutions can be utilised as a resource to support the sustainable development of Armenia. The peculiarity of NHDR 2017/18 will be the idea of problem setting by youth themselves and thus offering creative solutions based on success stories and various innovative tools to be used during the report development process (design thinking approaches, citizen engagement models, etc.).
The report will structured around the four main pillars of youth empowerment:
- Education (Challenges and Opportunities)
- Employment (Problems and Solutions)
- Participation/Engagement (Impediments and Prospects)
- Future vision (foresight)- Innovative Armenia by the eyes of youth (Fears and Hopes)
It is expected that the report will not only generate debate between youth and policy-makers but most importantly will involve them in shaping the vision, identifying gaps and bottleneck for development and providing platform to offer recommendations and solutions to move forward thus engage in decision-making process that immediately affect and impact their lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the Human Development Focal Point, in close collaboration with UNDP task force on Youth, Expert/Team Leader will deliver the following:
- Review and finalize the draft Concept Note on NHDR 2017/18
- Conduct Stakeholder meeting to present the Concept and receive feedback and recommendations;
- Develop NHDR outline and detailed workplan
- Recruit team of experts, including young researchers and fresh graduates.
- Lead and coordinate the report development process,
- Review and edit submitted drafts to ensure consistency and adherence to the approved workplan
- Send the draft report for comments to relevant stakeholders, incorporate comments if necessary;
- Organize workshops, public debates on draft NHDR
- Coordinate report translation, proofreading and publication
- Presentation of the report during the launch
- Other relevant duties as assigned are performed.
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR;
- Having received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
- Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 100 points
• Criteria A (Education - Master’s Degree in Economics, Sociology or relevant fields) – 10 max points
• Criteria B (Professional experience: Experience in conducting research, studies using user-centric innovation and citizen engagement models) – 30 max points
• Criteria C (Experience in the area related to youth issues) – max 30 points
• Criteria D (Experience in preparation of analytical documents such as assessments, studies, reports) – 20 max points
• Criteria E (Language skills) – 10 max points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.
Payment will be made upon confirmation of UNDP on delivery of the outputs in a satisfactory manner using the following instalments:
Final outline and workplan, first draft NHDR2017/18
Final version of NHDR 2017/18
Presentation of the report
None of the materials produced under this Contract should be used, released, and/or disseminated without prior approval by UNDP.
The financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services).
Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position at: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_apply.cfm?cur_job_id=73281
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- UNDP Personal History form (P11): http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/corporate/Careers/P11_Personal_history_form.doc.
- Letter of interest;
- Financial Proposal and Availably: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP
- General Conditions of Contract is available here: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf.
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.