Expert to analyze and review health services of AC
The experience of Armenian Caritas in this sector shows that although officially people can access primary healthcare services funded by the state, still the essential health care needs remain unmet and a big group of vulnerable people, including children and the elderly, get deprived of elementary medical services. In its PHC center Caritas serves around 3000 persons in 4500 visits per year. The clinic holds a license of the RA Ministry of Health (RA MH) that authorizes it to provide the following PHC services: laboratory analysis (biochemical and clinical), ultrasound analyses (abdominal, gynecological, etc.), electro-cardiograms (ECG) and cardiological consultations, psychological consultations, endocrinologist’s services, physiotherapeutic trainings and provision of free-of-charge medicine to patients. In long term perspective for providing sustainable health services it is very important from this stage to work synchronized with the State and provide services that can be co-ordered and co-financed by the State.
To address this situation AC is currently looking for an experienced expert to do quality and quantity analysis/research of services provided in AC clinic and present a package of suggestion for positioning of AC services in line with state public health policies.
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall objectives of the required expertize will be to analyze/research activities and services currently provided by AC Gyumri Public Health Care (PHC) Center and to develop a package of suggestions for adapting service provision accordingly to become eligible for State to co-financing.
Scope of the work
The analyze/research and review of current services of PHC of AC will be led by an external expert in close coordination with PHC project Manager and the staff. The expert will coordinate and collaborate with AC’s Advocacy Officer and Administrative staff to ensure the relevance of the recommendations to AC Strategic Plan. The expert will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- To do quality and quantity research/analyze of the current services of PHC.
- To calculate cost efficiency of existing services of PHC and compare them with the cost efficacy of comparable provided by State.
- To develop a package of recommendations (minimum standards, regulations and etc.) for positioning of AC PHC service adequately for State co-financing.
- To facilitate internal round table discussion within AC for discussing main results of the research and main points of the recommendations’ package.
- To facilitate round table discussion with stakeholders for discussing main results of research and main points of suggestion package.
Methods and Tools
Following methods can be used to complete the above mentioned tasks and fulfil the purpose as defined by this ToR.
- Desk review of the relevant documents
- Analysis of existing services and cost efficiency
- Data collection
Key qualification, experience and skills of the consultant
- University degree in the relevant field;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Public health care issues in RA
- Extensive work experience and proven record in Public health oriented projects and State Health systems and Strategies (at least 5 years)
- Demonstrate experience of having undertaken similar assignments
- Good analytical and research skills
- Good communication and facilitation skills
Duration of task completion
The assignment is estimated to be completed by December 15, 2016.
The consultant will work closely with PHC project staff and AC administrative staff. All deliverables will be submitted to AC on date as mutually agreed during the inception meeting. The reports will be reviewed by project staff.
The consultant should submit the following key deliverables,
- Inception report: Outlining details of activities with proposed methodology and timeline/ delivery dates
- Quality and quantity analysis of existing services
- Draft Package of suggestions
- Final Package of suggestions (e copy) in Armenian and English, including implementation plan
The payment will be made as follows:
1st instalment – 40% (after signing the agreement); and
Final instalment – 60% (after submission of final deliverables)
Procedure for submission of expression of interest
Please submit an application letter including remuneration requirements, contact information and an updated CV (Maximum till 4 pages) by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.