US Alumni Association of Armenia (USAAA) is searching for an energetic and motivated person to fill the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director of the U.S. Alumni Association of Armenia (USAAA) manages the association, coordinates its work with alumni of U.S. Government sponsored exchange programs, and develops and implements an annual alumni engagement strategy. She/he oversees and supports activities associated alumni events, including conferences, workshops, small-grants competitions, cultural events, and other activities. The Director liaises with other organizations and the alumni coordinators of USG grantee groups. The Director manages USAAA staff and reports to the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy and to the USAAA Board.
The Executive Director administers all elements of the U.S. Alumni Association. Specific duties include:
- Develop mechanisms to bolster alumni involvement, particularly among younger alumni, and contact with the USAAA, including supervising alumni databases;
- Devise innovative approaches for collaboration with US Government grantees to develop an annual alumni engagement strategy that benefits alumni and channels their experience to promote the development of Armenia;
- Develop and implement a communications plan to expand USAAA’s website and social media platforms, increasing engagement with alumni and promoting USAAA and its activities;
- Provide monthly reports on USAAA’s activities and assist in financial reporting to the Public Affairs Section and the USAAA Board;
- Supervise the time and duties of other staff of the Association.
Team Responsibilities and General Program Administration
- Solicit ideas about events from the U.S. Embassy, grantee organizations, and alumni and incorporate them into the annual engagement strategy;
- Organize and execute alumni events, conferences, seminars, and cultural events, as well as assist in the development of alumni-generated initiatives;
- Maintain accurate budgetary and programmatic reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Preference will be given to US alumni.
- Strong writing and communication skills (English and Armenian).
- A minimum of three years of management, communications, and/or project coordination experience.
- Strong computer skills, extensive knowledge of available social networks and experience with database management.
To apply for this job please send a letter of motivation not exceeding 200 words, your vision about the development of the USAAA not exceeding 300 words and a 1-2 page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line till June 15, 2015.
Application package should be in English.
Only selected applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview on June 19, 2015.
Position starts on July 1, 2015.