Executive Assistant to CEO & Founder
Start date: Immediate
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2016
Salary: Competitive; based on previous experience
About Teach For Armenia
Teach For Armenia is an independent, not-for-profit organization that is enlisting Armenia’s most promising future leaders in our mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an excellent education. Participants in the program, known as Fellows, serve as full-time teachers for two years in high-need schools across Armenia, and commit to transforming the education outcomes of less-privileged schoolchildren through significantly improving their achievements, affect and access. In the long term, Teach For Armenia Alumni will form a different class of leaders, working in various sectors to expand education opportunity for all children in Armenia. To date, Teach For Armenia has recruited 47 Fellows across 2 cohorts. We aim to grow this number aggressively given the scale and urgency of education inequity. Apart from being qualified for the job, we need someone who shares our vision and mission and is aligned with our Core Values: Striving for Excellence, Constant Learning & Growth, Dedication & Resilience, Integrity & Humility. These Core Values are a vital component of our organization's culture to ensure long-term and sustainable success, and therefore we view them as an important component for the selection of new team members and Fellows. Our collaborative working environment ensures abundant opportunities for you to expand your network and learning opportunities with other team members, Fellows, corporate partners, the Ministry of Education, other education stakeholders, as well as other likeminded individuals from the Teach For All network partners in over 40 countries. While our compensation package is fair and competitive, we do not expect this to be your key reason for joining us. After all, we are not just offering you a job; we are looking for a like-minded leader to grow with us and help us in our mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an education that unlocks their true potential.
The office of the CEO and Founder assumes overall accountability for the organization and for maximizing its current impact and future growth. The Office is responsible for working with the Board of Directors and senior leadership team to chart the organization’s strategic course, engaging and cultivating allies for its mission, fostering a strong organizational culture and strategic alignment throughout its teams, and maximizing the Board’s support and governance of the organization.
The Executive Assistant will support the administrative functions for the CEO and Founder to ensure that the strategic goals of the Office of the CEO and Founder are met. This position provides an individual with excellent communication and organizational skills the opportunity to be part of an extremely important initiative. This person will report to the CEO and Founder.
• Providing administrative support including, scheduling meetings, conference calls, maintaining calendars, and arranging travel, managing correspondence, and processing reimbursements
• Compiling, drafting and/or editing correspondence to team members, the organization, and external constituents
• Coordinating logistics, drafting agendas, providing advance materials, and executing follow up for meetings and team conferences
• Working with the Director of Development to support CEO and Founder’s speaking requests and communicate with external constituents
• Helping develop and track budgets with the Director of Operations for the CEO and Founder
• Ensuring timely payment and tracking of bills, reimbursements, and expense reports for the CEO
• Handling incoming calls to the Office of the CEO and Founder
• Performing other tasks as directed by CEO and Founder
• Participating in a variety of short-term tasks and projects to support the CEO and Founder and senior leadership team
• Working closely on Teach For Armenia Board of Director meetings
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Executive assistant and/or administrative support experience preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail and ability to juggle several tasks at once
• Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills (English and Armenian is required, Russian is strongly preferable) • Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven environment
Approach to Work
• Exemplifies Teach For Armenia’s core values of relentless pursuit of results, sense of possibility, disciplined thought, respect and humility, and integrity
• Spirit of flexibility
• Professional demeanor
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), Google email and Google calendar
To apply to be part of our high performing and diverse team: Please press APPLY ONLINE button below and send us your CV and a cover letter, answering the below following three questions
1. Why do you want to be part of Teach For Armenia? What would you hope to accomplish as a Teach For Armenia staff?
2. Describe a time when you encountered serious obstacles to success while working on a project
3. Which of our Core Values you can best identify with and why?
(Limit: 300 words)
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.