Expression of Interest for Providing Evaluation Consulting Services
Client: Armenian Missionary Association of America (AMAA) through Children of Armenia Fund (COAF)
Contract type: Consultancy Services
Notice type: Invitation for Expression of Interest (EoI)
Issue date: 16 March, 2017
Closing date: 27 March, 2017, 18:00
Executing Agency (Client): Armenian Missionary Association of America
The Client Contact Person: (COAF on behalf of AMAA)
Ester Hakobyan, COAF Programs Director, email@example.com
In 2015 the Armenian Missionary Association of America ( AMAA) mobilized 5 other organizations to develop and implement a community development strategy for the Village of Martuni, Gegharkunik. The initiative was inspired by the centennial of the Armenian Genocide and the village was primarily selected because generations of Genocide survivors lived there. Understandably, a second criteria was the profound need including the condition of the health unit, school, lack of economic opportunities and many others. Thus, AMMA joined forces with Shen Charitable organization, World Vision Armenia, Children of Armenia Fund (COAF), Fund for Armenian Relief (FAR) and Development Principles NGO to design and implement interventions for Martuni. Each partner selected an area matching its expertize and competences with respect to community development and implemented those.
Currently AMAA and the partners are interested in assessing to what extent the current Consortium/the partnership succeeded in supporting the community and alleviating a number of community issues. In addition, the Consortium needs reliable information and feedback to inform its decision making about further actions, i.e. continuing the support to Martuni or moving to another community to implement the same joint approach.
Thus, following are the main objectives of the Assignment:
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the AMMA-led consortium in joining efforts to implement a combined intervention in one community;
- Asses to what extent the community and its members are aware about these interventions and how they perceive/assess its benefit to the community as whole and its individual members/families.
- Based on the information from the above two assignments suggest a way forward for the partners both in terms of the Consortium operations/structure and future programming.
- Assess the level of synergies between the partner organizations involved in the Consortium, and suggest ways for improvements, including the possibility of adding new partners and/or other aspects of the Consortium work such as coordination efforts, formalization level, etc. among the organizations and how it can be improved.
Scope of the Assignment
The study/evaluation will focus on qualitative data collection from Consortium members, and Martuni community.
Overall, it is expected that up to 15 individual interviews will be conducted with key informants (Consortium members and key stakeholders) as well as 2-3 focus groups with the community representatives. A final report with interview transcripts will be provided by the consultant as a key deliverable.
Status of Selection Process: Interested individuals/groups of individuals are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start late April 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 2 months.
Funding Source: Consortium partners through AMAA
Eligibility: Individual independent consultants or groups of consultants
Consultant Profile: The Consultant shall have previous evaluation experience related to community development or international projects.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address:
- CV/Resume of the consultant/consultants with the relevant experience highlighted.
- Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration), main activities, objectives.
The expression of interest shall not exceed 10 pages including the CVs and summary of past assignments.
The EoI should be submitted electronically (PDF) to the Client no late than the deadline of 18:00, 27 March, 2017.
- The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a financial proposal as part of the expression of interest. The three highest-ranking Consultants/groups of consultants will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to submit a technical proposal and a financial proposal, based on which the final selection will be made.
- The shortlist criteria and weightings are as follows:
(a) Consultant’s general experience and CV -50%
(b) Consultant’s previous specific project evaluation experience related to community development/international development projects - 50%