Armenian Caritas (AC) sees itself as the expression and instrument of charity of the Armenian Catholic Church. Accordingly, Armenian Caritas seeks to organize and implement humanitarian and charitable actions in favor of persons and social groups living under difficult conditions without religious, national or racial discriminations. Moreover, Armenian Caritas views itself as an important force in actively promoting the democratic and developmental changes in Armenia.
Armenian Caritas is currently operating in 4 Marzes of Armenia (Shirak, Lori, Gegharkounick, Ararat) and the capital city Yerevan in the 6 following Strategic Directions:
- Social Protection of vulnerable groups (children, elderly, people with disabilities);
- Community Development;
- Public Health;
- Migration, Integration and Prevention of Trafficking;
- Advocacy, Communication and Network collaboration;
- Emergency Preparedness and Response.
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is the establishment of an operational monitoring and evaluation system for the organization. The purpose is to provide the administrative and project management units with tools to effectively monitor programmatic progress and achievement, and to provide mid-term and end-of-project evaluations with sufficient information to assess the projects’ success. In particular,
- Conduct a detailed diagnosis and assessment of current system in place, and develop an inception report and detailed work plan.
- Plan and facilitate a day-long workshop with Board members and the staff;
- Develop a sound Monitoring, Evaluation and Results Measurement Plan;
- Suggest new necessary mechanisms to ensure better quality control;
- Formulate a set of relevant, simple and straightforward tools to monitor projects’ outputs;
- Produce an M&E procedures’ operational manual with the annexed forms of Procurement Policy and guideline.
The consultant will provide the following deliverables:
- An inception plan clearly indicating activities, timelines and delivery plan.
- Facilitate a one-day workshop;
- M & E Procedures’ Operational Manual:
Duration of task completion
The assignment is estimated to commence from September 5, 2016 and completed until October 15, 2016.
The payment will be made as follows:
1st instalment – 40% (after signing the agreement); and
Final instalment – 60% (after submission of final deliverables)