Armenian Caritas (AC) sees itself as the expression and instrument of charity of the Armenian Catholic Church. Accordingly, Armenian Caritas seeks to organize and implement humanitarian and charitable actions in favor of persons and social groups living under difficult conditions without religious, national or racial discriminations. Moreover, Armenian Caritas views itself as an important force in actively promoting the democratic and developmental changes in Armenia.
Armenian Caritas is currently operating in 4 Marzes of Armenia (Shirak, Lori, Gegharkounick, Ararat) and the capital city Yerevan in the 6 following Strategic Directions:
- Social Protection of vulnerable groups (children, elderly, people with disabilities);
- Community Development;
- Public Health;
- Migration, Integration and Prevention of Trafficking;
- Advocacy, Communication and Network collaboration;
- Emergency Preparedness and Response.
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is the establishment of an operational monitoring and evaluation system for the organization. The purpose is to provide the administrative and project management units with tools to effectively monitor programmatic progress and achievement, and to provide mid-term and end-of-project evaluations with sufficient information to assess the projects’ success. In particular,
- Conduct a detailed diagnosis and assessment of current system in place, and develop an inception report and detailed work plan.
- Plan and facilitate a day-long workshop with Board members and the staff;
- Develop a sound Monitoring, Evaluation and Results Measurement Plan;
- Suggest new necessary mechanisms to ensure better quality control;
- Formulate a set of relevant, simple and straightforward tools to monitor projects’ outputs;
- Produce an M&E procedures’ operational manual with the annexed forms of Procurement Policy and guideline.
Scope of the work
The scope and focus of the assignment is to provide technical, need-based facilitation and support to enable the elaboration of the M&E system.
- Review of the AC existing manuals, internal monitoring and evaluation documents;
- Describe the purpose, goal and objectives of the AC M&E plan;
- Undertake the assessment of the M&E capacity at all levels and recommend plan of actions to address the identified gaps;
- Describe AC M&E data management and data use including data capture system, data collection instruments, timing for data collection, data flow, mechanisms of quality assurance, data dissemination;
- Prepare a comprehensive list of key indicators for AC activities;
- Present the M&E plan to AC Board, senior management and staff for validation;
- Revise and finalize the AC M&E Operational Manual;
The use of participatory processes is expected. Critical reflection by members and the staff is integral to this initiative. As such, the Consultant will be expected to provide for active and meaningful engagement of AC Board and staff members.
Methods and Tools
The Following methods can be used to complete the above mentioned tasks and fulfil the purpose as defined by this ToR.
- Desk review of the relevant documents;
- Consultative meetings/interview with relevant actors, like Board, senior management, project management and other low-level management.
- Participatory Workshop.
- Presentation of the draft Manual.
Key qualification, experience and skills of the consultant
- Average 5-10 years of experience in MEL on national and/or international level;
- Experience in building and managing M&E systems;
- In-depth knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices of non-profits in Armenian and international context;
- Knowledge of and experience in project cycle management and well versed in logical frameworks.
- Proven excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Highly motivated and committed to the values of transparency and integrity;
- Good spoken and written communication skills in English and Armenian;
- Knowledge of sustainable development is an added advantage.
The consultant will provide the following deliverables:
- An inception plan clearly indicating activities, timelines and delivery plan.
- Facilitate a one-day workshop;
- M & E Procedures’ Operational Manual:
Duration of task completion
The assignment is estimated to commence from September 5, 2016 and completed until October 15, 2016.
The payment will be made as follows:
1st instalment – 40% (after signing the agreement); and
Final instalment – 60% (after submission of final deliverables)