POSITION: Business consultant
For more than 19 years, Armenian Caritas has been serving community members and society by creating positive social change. About 15 years already the organization provides home care services for the elderly living alone.
The unified mission of the projects “National Home Care for Elderly”, “Day-Care Centers for the Elderly” and “Supplementary day-care support for the Elderly” is to enhance the quality of the life of aged people, leading to positive social change, and delivering value to members through information, advocacy, and diverse services. Besides, the projects are intended to advance the development of a sustainable continuum of quality care for seniors.
The elderly support projects provide diverse services for people in need of care. About 800 elderly during a year benefit the Projects’ services. The geography of the Projects also has widened its borders including three territorial regions, including Shirak, Lori and Gegharkunik Marzes in Armenia. Armenian Caritas, based on its great expertise in implementing similar projects, suggests the project “Home Care” that is aimed at improvement of the living conditions of elderly and people needing care, by provision of medical services and medications for the primary health support, special nurse / caregiver’s services to those who have serious health and physical problems, provision of consultancies or primary health observations and care, personal hygiene, household work assistance, etc.
We believe strongly in the principles of collective purpose, collective voice, and collective purchasing power to enhance the common good and to improve health care practice and policy in the whole republic.
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall objective of the consultancy will be to support the development of business plan for providing paid home care services for the elderly by Armenian Caritas in the frame of new law on NGO. The consultant will be expected to work directly with AC administrative staff and Elderly Home care project core staff.
Scope of the work
The development of Business Plan will be led by external consultant in close coordination with Elderly Home Care project staff. The consultant will coordinate and collaborate with AC’s financial department and administrative staff. The consultant will be responsible for undertaking following tasks:
- To assess “market potential” of Gyumri and Vanadzor cities on paid services for elderlies.
- To consult AC on funding of new Social Enterprise Unit for providing paid services by Armenian Caritas
- To develop Business Plan for providing paid home care services for elderlies.
- To consult AC on social enterprise possibilities that give new law of NGO.
Methods and Tools
Following methods can be used to complete the above mentioned tasks and fulfil the purpose as defined by this ToR.
- Desk review of the relevant documents
- Market assessment
- Workshop with AC staff members
Key qualification, experience and skills of the consultant
- University degree in economics and business management;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social entrepreneurship issues and business management in RA
- Extensive work experience and proven record in business planning projects. (at least 5 years)
- Demonstrate experience of having undertaken similar assignments
- Good analytical and documentation/report writing skills
- Good communication and facilitation skills
Duration of task completion
The assignment is estimated to be completed by January 16, 2017.
The consultant will work closely with CSP project staff and AC Child protection working group. All deliverables will be submitted to AC on date as mutually agreed during the inception meeting. The reports will be reviewed by project staff.
The consultant should submit following key deliverables,
- Market assessment report:
- Draft Business plan paper for feedback and comments
- Final Business plan paper (e copy) in Armenian and English, including implementation plan
- Media plan
The payment will be made as follows:
1st instalment – 40% (after signing the agreement); and
Final instalment – 60% (after submission of final deliverables)
Procedure for submission of expression of interest
Please submit an application letter including remuneration requirements, contact information and an updated CV (Maximum till 4 pages) by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.