Jena School for Microbial Communication Doctoral Researcher Position
The Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC) is funded by the German Excellence Initiative. JSMC is an ambitious Graduate School with over 150 doctoral researchers who are educated in a structured, interdisciplinary training program based on top-level fundamental research. It conceptionally combines different research areas to a comprehensive picture of microbial communication (www.jsmc.uni-jena.de). Institutes at five faculties of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, six non-university research institutes as well as 12 partner companies are participating in this cutting-edge research and training program.
The Graduate School of Excellence ‘JSMC’ invites applications for a
Doctoral Researcher Position TV-L E13 65% (Ref.No. 18/2016)
to conduct research on the project
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a doctoral researcher position (TV-L E13, 65%) with guaranteed funding for one and a half years based on the regulations of the German Research Foundation as well as generous research funding with the possibility of extended funding for one full additional year
- a comprehensive mentoring program with supervision by a team of advisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena –City of Science: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude are given preferential consideration.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website:
Please acquaint yourself with the application process described on this website.
Selected applicants will be invited to a Recruitment Meeting in Jena, Germany upon individual appointment. Awarding decisions will be made shortly thereafter, allowing the project to start immediately.