IT Summer School
More than a hundred IT-companies are based in Ulyanovsk by the UlSTU graduates. Some of them have become leaders in the Russian and world rankings and competitions. There are held a lot of events which are dedicated to IT-area such as ULCAMP (the biggest international IT conference in Russia), ULCAMP.Dev (weekly meetings of IT representatives) and Stachka (international IT and digital conference). That’s why the city is close to obtain the status of informal IT capital of Russia.
The UlSTU Summer School intends to provide a contribution to students on latest technologies in software engineering. During summer school students will learn modern programming technologies and techniques for mobile big data analytics and software theory and practice. The course is practice-oriented, so students will use all knowledge in implementing a big data projects. The School course includes lectures held by highly qualified staff headed by the Dean of the Faculty of Information Systems and Technologies as well as practical trainings at the leading IT companies and development centers founded and based in Ulyanovsk with worldwide known international projects. During the training students will have a chance to become a part of an international team of professionals.
The Program includes lectures on the following topics (2 ECTS):
- unifying theories of programming;
- theory of programming languages;
- theory of software engineering;
- standards for processes and management;
- error detection and correction;
- information retrieval, relation and NoSQL databases, services;
- clustering and classification, prediction models, collaborative filtering;
- data visualization;
- technologies and tools for software engineering and highload systems, Apache Mahout and Spark;
- big data analytics appliances.
Also students will write an articles during Summer school (article preparing and publication - 1 ECTS). These articles will be published in proceedings of International Conference “Interactive Systems: Problems of Human-Computer Interactions”. Articles should describe a project work. Themes of works should be defined before August, 10 for possibility of their inclusion to the program of our joint conference.
The program includes an individual project work (2 ECTS). Students will design and implement a project in the area of software engineering during Summer School. Best way is continuation of works that will be started before Summer School by students.
Upon completion students receive a certificate of a taken course, indicating the number of credits received (including self-preparation - 1 ECTS) and workbooks composed from lectures.
Over a period of the Summer School participants will be accompanied by English/German-speaking tutors (specialists of International department) and English/German-speaking volunteers (students of UlSTU). It is recommend for students to form groups when arriving to Russia so the specialists of UlSTU International Office could meet them in Moscow and follow to Ulyanovsk.
- Choose a you want to apply for (you can apply only for ONE school);
- Fill out an Application form (the application form is general for all schools);
- Attach a copy of your international passport and a CV (in free format);
- Send the documents to the coordinators via email@example.com.
- Wait for a confirmation from coordinators during 2 weeks via e-mail or telephone.
- After the deadline (July 17, 2015) groups will be formed. You will get a notification.
NOTE: In case your summer school group was not formed of any reason you can participate in another summer school.
- During 2 weeks after the deadline you should pay the overall cost of the Summer School you have applied for. The course fee includes tuition, accommodation, meals (breakfasts and 2 banquets), cultural program.
For German students: DAAD scholarships are available.
For partner university students: a fee reduction could be applicable.
- After we confirmed your payment we will send you an invitation you need to apply for a visa.
- Apply for a visa to Russian consulate or Embassy you have mentioned in your application form. After you get a visa, please, inform us.
- When you have your tickets let us know about your route – airways/ railway station, flight number/ train number, time of arrival. It is recommend for students to form groups when arriving to Russia so the specialists of UlSTU International Office could meet them in Moscow and follow to Ulyanovsk.
- Do not forget to invite your friends to join your summer edutainment trip!
Number of students
Send to the coordinator via e-mail:
- application (download from the homepage);
- copy of the main page of the international passport;
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: