1. Objective of the Grant-Program
The International Scholarship Program enables scholars from all over the world to undertake one- to three-month research residencies at the institutions of the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin − Preußischer Kulturbesitz. Funding is available for various research projects related to the multifaceted institutions of the SMB. The program aims to strengthen the international network of the SMB and therefore addresses foreign researchers. In addition, the promotion of young researchers is of particular concern to the SMB. The grants are intended to enable scientists to work on their own research project at the SMB, make professional contacts and participate in the academic and cultural life of the SMB.
The application for a grant for 2016 has to be handed in by 31 July 2015 (postmark). The application has to be submitted directly to the Director General of the SMB.
The following application documents must be submitted:
• a completed application form (see separate annex),
• a tabular curriculum vitae,
• two letters of recommendation by university teachers concerning the candidate’s academic qualification (only for graduates / doctoral-candidates),
• a list of publications,
• copies of college/university diplomas and of certificates indicating the conferral of academic degrees,
• a detailed exposition of the project with statements concerning the overall aim, method
and the preparatory work already achieved.
The application shall be send via e-mail to email@example.com or as written application to the following address:
Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
- Der Generaldirektor –
D – 10785 Berlin
Please do not use any kind of paper-fastener or retaining clips.
7. Obligations of the Grant Holders
During their stay in Berlin, the grant holders are obliged to
• concentrate their efforts on the research project described in the application,
• immediately inform the Director of the respective institution of the SMB if the research project being funded cannot be carried out as planned,
• not accept any remunerated work or employment during the scholarship residency,
• submit a written report on the results and experiences upon termination of the scholarship (approx. 1-2 pages),
• present - if the results of the project are published - a copy of the publication to the Kunstbibliothek and inform the Directorate General (GDI1) about this publication. February 2015
8. Obligations of the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin – Preußischer Kulturbesitz
The hosting institution of the SMB is obliged to
• provide the grant holder with a place to work,
• guarantee academic supervision,
• help in making necessary contacts with other researchers and facilities in Berlin and in Germany,
• submit a written report on the results and experiences upon termination of the scholarship for internal evaluation (to GDI1).