About the contest
The “Museum of Typography” in Chania, Crete, with great pleasure invites once again professionals, students and amateurs of graphic and visual arts, but also people with innovative ideas that can turn them into a poster, to participate in the 3nd international poster contest about typography.
As the greek word “τυπογραφία” means both typography and printing, this year’s theme is about their past, present and future. The theme of the contest is: “Typography & Printing: past, present and future”.
The top three posters will take the central part of an exhibition that will be presented in the auditorium of the “Museum of Typography” and their creators will receive important prizes:
- 1,000 euros the first winner,
- 700 euros the second winner
- 500 euros the third.
At this exhibition, which will be inaugurated in automn 2016, thirty distinguished works will be presented and their creators will receive honorary distinctions. More details about the exhibition will be announced soon.
This year’s contest is of great importance to the museum for an additional reason, as the distinguished posters will be presented in the auditorium where the annual Conference and general meeting of AEPM (Association of European Printing Museums) will be hosted, in May 2017.
The jury of the contest consists of:
Yiannis Garedakis, journalist – publisher, founder of “Haniotika nea” and “Museum of Typography”
Georgios D. Matthiopoulos professor of Graphic Design at the School of Fine Arts and Design of the Technological Educational Institute of Athens
Alexandros Kokkolas, graphic designer, professor of Graphic Design at Vacalo Art & Design College
Elia Koumi, communication specialist – journalist, director of the Museum of Typography
Helen Stavridi, graphic designer, collaborator of the Museum of Typography
1) Anyone interested in participating to the contest should send their work until Wednesday, August 31, 2016 to the email: email@example.com. It should be accompanied by the following information: name and surname, place of residence and contact information (phone and email) and – optionally – a brief description of the project (up to 100 words). The name of both files should be the name and surname of the contestants in Latin characters.
2) The poster should be created with the view of being used in various applications of the Museum (publication cover, poster, postal card, banner, etc). The dimensions must be 50×70 cm. PDF, CMYK, images at 200 ppi and not exceed 25 Mb. Otherwise it should be sent by we transfer or other similar service.
3) The contest is open to anyone wishing to take part with a single (1) project. Employees of “Haniotika Nea SA” and “Museum of Typography” are excluded from the contest.
4) Selection criteria for the winning creations will be the originality and the transmission directness of the message.
5) Contest results will be announced during the inauguration of the exhibition, that will be held in the auditorium of the “Museum of Typography”. More details about the event will be anounced soon.
For more information click "Further official information".
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: