Every year Hilti organizes an IT competition to help solve some of the industry’s most pressing problems. Students and graduates from all over the world join the competition to both prove themselves and to kick-start their careers. If you are interested in mobile app development, this year’s competition is for you
Engaging new business with mobile technologies
Hilti is extremely close to its customers. In fact, Hilti has more than 200,000 individual customer contacts every day. Having a direct sales model, customer feedback and insights are Hilti’s most important resources for driving product development, improving services and creating tailor-made software to support customers and specifiers. In addition to the sales channels currently available, Hilti’s mobile apps are a great platform for accessing Hilti product and service information at any time, any place. The 2016 Hilti Mobile App Competition aims to leverage mobile apps to support and enhance the digital experience of Hilti customers and employees.
Hilti aims to provide a user-centric experience through tailor-made mobile apps for Hilti customers and employees. Please choose the challenge that best fits your interests and skills.
Topic 1: Mobile app for enhancing the productivity of Hilti’s sales force
Hilti’s sales force engages customers on a daily basis to promote and sell Hilti products. They also have regular meetings with back office employees to plan company activities, discuss feedback, analyze sales trends and update product knowledge. Your task: design and develop a mobile app prototype incorporating innovative ideas to enhance sales force productivity in one of the above-mentioned examples.
Topic 2: Mobile app for marketing and/or selling Hilti products
Hilti provides premium products, systems and services to construction professionals and regularly sets the standard in the construction and building maintenance industries by developing and providing innovative solutions and internationally-renowned products. Your task: with more than 10,000 products available, choose the Hilti product or products, design and develop a mobile app prototype to promote the chosen product(s). You can find an example of a promotional app in the appendix of the "Call for submission". Hilti Online’s U.S. web site shows all Hilti products (https://www.us.hilti.com/).
Hilti has great interest in software applications which are closely coupled to Hilti products in order to simplify maintenance efforts and increase efficiency on the construction site. An example of such a product is Firestop Documentation Management (https://www.us.hilti.com/cfs-dm). Your task: investigate the potential needs of Hilti customers at the construction site in terms of Hilti products and services. Customers may include planners, building authorities or people involved in on-site planning or maintenance and logistics activities. Design and develop a mobile app prototype to support your selected choice.
Submission and important dates
Finalists selected from all submissions will be invited to an on-site workshop and award ceremony at Hilti Asia IT Services Sdn. Bhd., in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Please download the call for submission for complete details on the competition, topics and conditions of participation.
- Submission deadline: December 16, 2015
- Semifinals: January 11, 2016
- Final round invitation: January 15, 2016
- Final competition: February 21-25, 2016
- 1st place: once-in-a-lifetime trip. The winning team of up to five people will receive air fare and a five-night stay at one of Hilti’s strategic IT locations: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Plano/Tulsa, USA or Schaan, Liechtenstein. The trip will be arranged on the basis of the winning team’s home country. The team members will have the opportunity to learn about Hilti IT services and to build their Hilti network.
- 2nd and 3rd place: a piece of Hilti. Each 2nd and 3rd place team member will be awarded a Hilti power tool.
- All finalists: internships. Each finalist will have access to a fast-track application process to a paid internship. The internship provides finalists with the chance to further develop their idea and to bring it to life at Hilti.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: