Every year Hilti organizes an IT competition to help solve some of the industry’s most pressing problems. Students and graduates from all over the world join the competition to both prove themselves and to kick-start their careers. If you are interested in mobile app development, this year’s competition is for you
Engaging new business with mobile technologies
Hilti is extremely close to its customers. In fact, Hilti has more than 200,000 individual customer contacts every day. Having a direct sales model, customer feedback and insights are Hilti’s most important resources for driving product development, improving services and creating tailor-made software to support customers and specifiers. In addition to the sales channels currently available, Hilti’s mobile apps are a great platform for accessing Hilti product and service information at any time, any place. The 2016 Hilti Mobile App Competition aims to leverage mobile apps to support and enhance the digital experience of Hilti customers and employees.
Submission and important dates
Finalists selected from all submissions will be invited to an on-site workshop and award ceremony at Hilti Asia IT Services Sdn. Bhd., in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Please download the call for submission for complete details on the competition, topics and conditions of participation.
- Submission deadline: December 16, 2015
- Semifinals: January 11, 2016
- Final round invitation: January 15, 2016
- Final competition: February 21-25, 2016
- 1st place: once-in-a-lifetime trip. The winning team of up to five people will receive air fare and a five-night stay at one of Hilti’s strategic IT locations: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Plano/Tulsa, USA or Schaan, Liechtenstein. The trip will be arranged on the basis of the winning team’s home country. The team members will have the opportunity to learn about Hilti IT services and to build their Hilti network.
- 2nd and 3rd place: a piece of Hilti. Each 2nd and 3rd place team member will be awarded a Hilti power tool.
- All finalists: internships. Each finalist will have access to a fast-track application process to a paid internship. The internship provides finalists with the chance to further develop their idea and to bring it to life at Hilti.