If you have a previous or current affiliation with Harvard University and an active HarvardKey, you may proceed directly to the WSRP online application and log in with your HarvardKey.
If you do not have an active HarvardKey, you must create a log-on ID and password using the Harvard University XID system before beginning your application. The steps are as follows:
- On the XID website, follow all links for "New XID Account." You will be prompted to enter and confirm your email address, your full name, and a login ID. You have the option to make your email address your login ID; this is recommended.
- Once you have registered, you will receive an email with your login ID, a temporary secret key, and instructions for verifying your account.
- When you have finished the verification process and have chosen a new password, please return to the WSRP online application, change the tab on the login page from "HarvardKey" to "XID," and log in. Please note that you will not be redirected from the XID site to the WSRP application page. You will need to return to this page to begin your application.
Note: Applicants with an active HarvardKey do not need to complete the XID process.
Within the online application, the following documents are required and must be uploaded in Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, or .txt format:
- A description of your proposed research project, not to exceed 1,250 words;
- The title and description of a women's studies course related to your project, not to exceed one page;
- A description of your background in women's studies, not to exceed 750 words;
- Curriculum vitae, not to exceed 10 pages;
- Writing sample, either a chapter or article, in electronic format.
Two letters of recommendation are also required.
To get an idea of what the online application form looks like before creating an XID and logging on, you may view the following form in PDF format. This form is for viewing ONLY and not for submission. Please note that while the majority of the fields in the sample will remain constant, the fields, wording of the form, and order are subject to change.
Sample WSRP Application Form 2018-19 (PDF)
You will need Adobe Reader or another PDF reader to open the sample file. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you may download it free from the Adobe website.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the WSRP office at email@example.com or 617.495.5705 if you require accommodation to apply for this position. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.