What is the Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship?
With the goals of further strengthening the fundamentals of international research into Japan and deepening international understanding of Japan through researchers’ activities, the Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship invites leading international researchers of the Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature and Japanese culture to Japan to conduct residential research.
Japanese language and Japanese language education researchJapanese literature and Japanese culture research
Invited fellows will have their airfares, living and research expenses, housing and other expenses necessary for conducting research in Japan covered.Long-term (12-month) and short-term (6-month) fellowships are available.Around 15 fellows will be invited each year.
Invited research fellows will conduct their research with the cooperation of one of the following receiving organizations:International Research Center for Japanese StudiesKyoto UniversityNational Institute for Japanese Language and LinguisticsOchanomizu UniversityRitsumeikan UniversityTokyo University of Foreign StudiesWaseda University
Masaru Inoue (Chair)
Professor, The University of Tokyo
Professor, Reitaku University
Professor, Sophia University
Professor, Nihon University
Director Professor, Noh Theatre Research Institute, Hosei University
- Obtain Application Guide, Application Form and Letter of Recommendation. (Downloadable below)
- Fill in the Application Form
- Have the person recommending you for the Fellowship fill in the Letter of Recommendation
- Prepare Japanese translation of the Letter of Recommendation (if written in a language other than Japanese)
- Send the above documents to the designated address by mail
* Refer to the Application Guide for full details
* Documents for the 11th Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship (2016)
* Registration deadline: Must arrive by Oct 30, 2015 (Only mailed applications will be considered)
|Letter of Recommendation||(48KB)||(20KB)|