Google User Experience Design Summer Internship
The mantra of the User Interface (UI) team is: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." As a UI Designer, you have a strong technical background and work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to design products that are simple but great for the user, focusing on interaction and visual design. Using your keen design aesthetic you design and conduct experiments with real users so that improvements to the user experience are based on real user behavior. Your job is to make sure that our products are intuitive, accessible and usable to our millions of users.
You plan and execute the UI designs for assigned projects, sometimes taking the lead on moderately complex projects including designing the high-level flow and the detailed interactions of the project.
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing Google products and features.
- Develop high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Human Interaction, Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong technical background.
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- A design portfolio that demonstrates solid knowledge of web design principles
- Solid analytical thinker with excellent communication skills
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.