Google Software Engineering Internship Program
Applications are due by January 30, 2016 at 11:59pm AEDT. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and it's in the candidates best interest to apply early. All hiring will be complete by March 2016. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
This internship will run from between March 2016 to June 2016, for a consecutive 12-14 weeks. You must be able to intern within this timeframe.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field. Typically within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Excellent C++, Java and/or Python skills.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: