One of the main objectives of the GLOBSEC Young Leaders’ Forum is to give future decision makers and influencers the opportunity to contribute new thoughts, notions and ideas to the debate on security, foreign policy and current issues. It is also an occasion to improve their policy making skills and to engage in networking with their peers and senior policy makers. We are looking for 30 exceptional young leaders between the age of 25 and 35, with diverse professional and academic background.
We are currently seeking applications from candidates from all NATO and Partnership for Peace (PfP) countries, as well as Mediterranean Dialogue members, and other NATO partner countries.
We are currently seeking applications from exceptional young professionals, aged 25-35, and are targeting young professionals from the fields of international relations, defence, security, journalism, international business, NGO, and academia. Successful candidates will ideally be passionate about international relations and will have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Between 25 and 35 years of age
- NATO or PfP country citizenship, Mediterranean Dialogue, or partner (Australia, Japan) citizenship
- Past experience relating to: security or defence policy; current security issues (ISIL, Ukraine, Russia, migration) adaptation of NATO to the security environment of 21st century,, democratic transitions especially towards EaP countries and Western Balkans; international law; international energy policy; journalism; political and economic development of the European Union; cyber security; or any other fields of relevance to the transatlantic partnership.
- Working knowledge of English
- Willingness to engage in regular online activity over an extended period of time
- Willingness to write at least one topical article or blog, where GYLF is mentioned before, during or 14 days after the forum
- Interest in long-term engagement with peers on issues pertaining to transatlantic relations
To be considered for this program, interested parties should submit the online application with following materials:
- Current CV, including nationality and age;
- Suggestion for the topic for discussion during the GYLF sessions, including its title, short synopsis and three questions for discussion
- Short motivation letter (200 – 250 words)
* Please note that recruitment will be conducted on a competitive basis.
* By filling up the application, applicants give the organisers their personal data for processing in SC Activities Filing System (FS). Purpose of this FS is determined by data controller Strategic Council as organising of expert events and other activities. Strategic Council process personal data of applicants according to Art. 10 Par. 3 letter a) of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended only in limited scope (see application form) that is necessary for provision of services connected with organisation of expert events and other activities. Personal data of applicants are processed according to these Terms and Conditions and without consent of applicants. During the processing of personal data only designated organizations shall have an access to personal data as data processors (Slovenská atlantická komisia, CD International s.r.o, Central European Policy Institute, Centrum pre európske záležitosti) and limited scope of personal data may be available to partner organizations. All personal data provided to the organisers are confidential and will be used for the purposes of the organisers only. Applicants as data subjects have their rights guaranteed according to Art. 28, 29 and 30 of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended.