How to apply
The Global Change Award is open for applications until 31 October 2016. Apply with your idea on how to make fashion circular for a chance to the €1 million grant.
We are looking for early stage ideas that present new circular approaches that reinvent the fashion industry. This means changing the way garments are designed and produced, shipped, bought, used and recycled today by adding disruptive technology or new business models.
The competition has three categories open for applications: circular business models, circular materials and circular processes.
Global Change Award is open for anyone to apply. Five winners, selected by our expert panel, will share a €1 million grant, which will be divided by the public through an online vote. They will also get access to an innovation accelerator provided by H&M Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
Neither the H&M Foundation nor the company H&M will take any equity or intellectual property rights in the innovations.
Five winners will share a €1 million grant and get access to a one-year innovation accelerator provided by H&M Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
By applying to the Global Change Award you’re competing for:
- A € 1.000.000 grant, shared by five winners. Which will be distributed by the public though an online vote.
- A trip to Stockholm to attend the grand award ceremony on 5 April 2017.
- Access to a one-year Innovation Accelerator provided by H&M Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
The innovation accelerator
Through the innovation accelerator, the five winning teams of Global Change Award 2016 get one year of specialised support in moving these ideas to the next level. Throughout the year, they get continuous support and individual team coaching through H&M Foundation and Accenture.
Throughout the year the winners also get;
- A one week boot camp, creating insights on innovation readiness, goal setting, IPR protection and innovation development, provided by KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm (Stockholm, Sweden).
- Exclusive industry insight, networking opportunities and knowledge about circularity in the fashion value chain, provided by H&M Foundation and H&M (Shanghai, China).
- Leading expertise on circular economy, access to an innovation centre and insights into future digital customer experiences, provided by Accenture (Milan, Italy).
Circularity is not just about recycling. To encourage ideas from a broad circular scope, the Global Change Award 2016 has three categories open for applications.
When applying you will choose one of the categories presented below. We will pick the five best winners of all the entries received regardless of category, i.e. there is no quota set between the categories.
We may pick all five winners from one category if the best entries turn out to be from one and the same category or we may pick winners from two or all three categories.
Circular Business Models
In this category we are looking for ideas that use innovative business models to seize new opportunities in the fashion industry. It could for example be ideas on how to reuse, repair, share, or extend the life of products. It could also be ideas for models that unleash potential in the production chain.
In this category we are looking for ideas that use technologies to reinvent the materials that are being used in the fashion industry today. This might include new fibres, recycling technologies or engineered materials.
In this category we are looking for ideas using technologies and systems that redesign current processes in the fashion industry. This could for example be methods targeting chemicals, water and dyeing, 3D printing or demand-driven manufacturing.
For more information click "further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: