Gielen-Leyendecker Fellowship for outstanding female postdocs in the Humanities
Every two years the University of Bonn and the Gielen-Leyendecker Foundation publish a call for applications for the Gielen-Leyendecker Fellowship for outstanding female postdocs in the Humanities.
The Gielen-Leyendecker Fellowship focuses on female post-docs in the Humanities who received their doctorates within the last two years and want to complete an independent research project at the University of Bonn.
Who can apply?
The Gielen-Leyendecker Fellowship supports female post-docs in the Humanities with excellent academic qualifications. Applications will be accepted from national and international applicants.
Eligible to apply for this fellowship are female post-docs who have received their doctorate within 2 years from the time of the application deadline. If more than two years have passed since receipt of the doctorate due to family obligations, this may be taken into account.
All application documents can be found in the right-hand column.
Which institutes are involved?
The Fellowship supports stays at one of the following institutes of the Faculty of Arts:
- Institute for Classical and Romance Philology
- Institute of Oriental and Asian Studies
- Institute for Linguistics, Media Studies and Sound Studies
- Institute for Art History
At the time of application you need the agreement of a mentor at the envisaged host institute at the University of Bonn who will support and advise you in your academic work. The mentor must be firmly anchored within the relevant discipline.
The Gielen-Leyendecker Fellowship is sponsored y the Gielen-Leyendecker-Foundation. The donator Anne-Liese Gielen founded the foundation on the basis of her firm bond with the city of Bonn and a long lasting connection has since been establihed with the University of Bonn.
What does funding include?
Funding includes € 85,000 annually for a period of two years. Funding encompasses:
- Your own position (usually, temporary contract as a Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin (research assistant), TV-L 14)
- Student assistants or research assistants, and funds for materials and travel
- Stay abroad for six to nine months at an international partner organisation of the corresponding Bonn Institute
- Additional benefits offered by the University of Bonn, e.g. participation in training programmes for young scientists
Fellowship announcement: 21 October 2016
Application deadline: 31 January 2017
Notification of the decision: April/Mai 2017
Start of work: 01 October 2017
Miriam Dierker, M.A.
tel: +49 (0)228/73-60918
For more official information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: