Library Research Grants
In addition to the open call for applications relating to projects utilizing any specific area of the GRI's collections, several focused grants will be awarded in the following areas of study:
- Research related to the modern commercial art market, Los Angeles modern architecture, or design.
- Research in the area of 18th-century German art as it relates to the religious, philosophical, and aesthetic contextualization of the Romantic movement.
- Research within the GRI's photo archive, a collection of two million photographs of works of art and architecture providing opportunities for original pictorial research in the fine arts, including the history of photography.
- Research that utilizes the Conservation Collection, specialized research materials related to the preservation and conservation of material cultural heritage.
- Within California (must be more than 80 miles away from GRI): $800
- North America, including Canada and Mexico: $1,500
- International outside of North America: $3,000
Complete application materials are now accepted through an online application process only. The next deadline to submit application materials (including letters of recommendation) for these grants is 5:00 p.m. (PDT) October 16, 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: