The GIZ project Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity at Lakes Prespa, Ohrid, and Shkodra/Skadar (CSBL) invites Masters students to participate in its 2nd Regional Summer School on Biodiversity focused on bringing environmental topics into the media and presenting them in a founded and accessible manner. The training aims to bring together journalists and conservationists interested in the environment and improve the understanding of biodiversity issues and professional reporting skills. Students from Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro will be given the opportunity to work together on different subjects under the supervision of international and regional senior lecturers with expertise in the respective fields. The relationship between media and biodiversity will be presented through lectures, hands-on-training, field visits, class discussions and group assignments. The expected outcomes will be media products for TV, radio, print and online.
Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity at Lakes Prespa, Ohrid, and Shkodra/Skadar (CSBL) is a regional project implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
- topics related to nature conservation and the environment;
- making environmental topics – and the conflicts that surround them – understandable to wider audiences;
- learning how to raise the interest of the media on such topics;
- knowing how technical environmental and conservational language translates into media vocabulary;
- or just how conservationists and journalists get on common ground?
- Journalism and/or are actively affiliated to a media entity willing to publish the material produced during the summer school;
- Biology, Ecology, Nature Conservation and Environmental Sciences;
It is expected that applicants meet the following minimum prerequisites.
- Active proficiency in English;
- Motivation for interdisciplinary work;
- Willingness to complete preliminary preparative work for the summer school;
- In addition, students of journalism need to demonstrate their readiness and ability to prepare professional media kits. The active affiliation to a media organization is an asset.
GIZ will cover travel expenses, accommodation and full board for all selected participants.
HOW TO APPLY
- A detailed CV;
- Letter of intent (maximum one page).
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: