The FPI Fellowship
The need for all hands on deck and for more voices on the mic has never been more true today.
As we move into our fifth fellowship cycle, we are more excited than ever to interrupt the dude fest.
Apply to join the resistance.
FPI’s Fellows Program is open to women 25 and older with a clear commitment and passion for foreign policy and international affairs.
This is not a program for those “breaking into” foreign policy. While we welcome early-career fellows, this program is best-suited to mid-career and late-career foreign policy experts. The program is open to academics, entrepreneurs, journalists, students, and business professionals. The program is open to both US citizens and non-US citizens, fluent in English.
Upon the start of the fellowship in June 2017, applicants must be available for six weeks, for an hour each week.
A commitment to foreign policy is not an interest or hobby, but demonstrated engagement in foreign policy matters and/or a foreign policy matter. Demonstrated engagement is work in the field.
Applicants for an FPI Fellowship ideally have at least three years of full-time professional experience. For interruptors on an academic track, applicants must have completed their master’s degree.
While we encourage applicants to have already authored pieces or appeared as commenters on radio or television, such experience is not required. Achievement and a demonstrated interest are, however.
Which all goes to say: Lean in. Show us what you got.
Applications for our fifth fellowship cycle close May 15, 2017. Application materials include:
– CV, citing presence on social media, if applicable (#2017)
– A video clip, no more than a minute, of you commenting on your expertise. This video should be recorded specifically for the application. Videos shot on mobile devices are fine.
– In no more than 1000 words, tell us how an FPI fellowship fits into your career path
– Two published writing samples, if applicable
– List two people who can speak about your qualifications and provide their contact information
– Send materials to email@example.com in ONE document. Please try to include the video in your email, though if the file size is too large, please upload to our Google Drive folder.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.