Food Safety and Risk Communication Internship, EUFIC
The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) is looking for a Food Safety & Risk Communication Intern.
Start date: Flexible
The European Food Information Council, EUFIC, is a non-profit Brussels-based organisation that provides science-based information on food and food-related topics to disseminators such as the media, health and nutrition professionals, educators and opinion leaders, in a way that promotes consumer understanding. We are a dynamic group, passionate about what we do for the benefit of consumers.
As much as possible, we try to assign specific projects to interns that they can “own” and see through to the end of their internship. The projects will vary, in line with EUFIC vision, mission and evolution. However, the following provides a guide to the types of areas we would expect interns to help with:
- Support food safety and food risk communication activities, including social media
- Write articles (this can involve translating complex scientific information into more easily readable articles)
- Assist in preparing other publications (reports, presentations, press releases, podcasts, etc.)
- Support in preparing visual content (infographics, animated videos etc.)
- Assist in organising meetings and follow-up on actions arising
- Provide regular website/extranet content updates
- Conduct desk-based research on specific topics, scientific events, etc.
Required education, experience and skills
EUFIC is open to applications from committed and enthusiastic individuals who wish to deepen their knowledge of science communication particularly within the area of food safety. Internship requirements:
- Degree in Food Safety/Food Science or related area
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to
1. read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently
2. translate scientific information into easy to understand language
3. summarise information succinctly but accurately
- Working knowledge of standard software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and in a team
- Proactive and well organised
- Interested in and a passion for food safety communications
- For a student placement we offer 450€ as a compensation for subsistence costs.
- Multicultural workplace in the heart of Brussels.
- A chance to learn from dedicated food safety and science communication professionals.
- May involve European travel for meetings and conferences.
Email your CV and a succinct letter of motivation in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23 October 2015, stating “Food Safety and Risk Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for Belgium if applicable. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in Brussels or via Skype in the first instance.
For more information on the European Food Information Council, please visit our website www.eufic.org
European Food Information Council (EUFIC)
Rue Paul-Emile Janson 6,
1000 Brussels, Belgium
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: