Food Safety and Risk Communication Internship, EUFIC
The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) is looking for a Food Safety & Risk Communication Intern.
Start date: Flexible
The European Food Information Council, EUFIC, is a non-profit Brussels-based organisation that provides science-based information on food and food-related topics to disseminators such as the media, health and nutrition professionals, educators and opinion leaders, in a way that promotes consumer understanding. We are a dynamic group, passionate about what we do for the benefit of consumers.
As much as possible, we try to assign specific projects to interns that they can “own” and see through to the end of their internship. The projects will vary, in line with EUFIC vision, mission and evolution. However, the following provides a guide to the types of areas we would expect interns to help with:
- Support food safety and food risk communication activities, including social media
- Write articles (this can involve translating complex scientific information into more easily readable articles)
- Assist in preparing other publications (reports, presentations, press releases, podcasts, etc.)
- Support in preparing visual content (infographics, animated videos etc.)
- Assist in organising meetings and follow-up on actions arising
- Provide regular website/extranet content updates
- Conduct desk-based research on specific topics, scientific events, etc.
Email your CV and a succinct letter of motivation in English, to email@example.com before 23 October 2015, stating “Food Safety and Risk Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for Belgium if applicable. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in Brussels or via Skype in the first instance.
For more information on the European Food Information Council, please visit our website www.eufic.org
European Food Information Council (EUFIC)
Rue Paul-Emile Janson 6,
1000 Brussels, Belgium