Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Internship Programme
Are you interested in working for an International Organization?
Are you willing to embark on a challenging opportunity that will enrich your personal as well as your professional experience?
If so, consider applying for an internship at FAO. The Organization offers several options within its Headquarters and its decentralized offices worldwide to provide hands-on opportunities for students or young graduates to learn more about what FAO does.
- No more than 30 years of age;
- Be recent graduates or students in a recognised
university or graduate school programme and have completed at the very least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to the work of FAO, or be participants in a governmental or academic programme sponsoring assignments of recent graduates or students;
- A working knowledge of English, French or Spanish is required. Knowledge of one of the other two, or Arabic, Chinese or Russian, is an asset;
- Must not bear any of the following relationships to staff members of the Organization: son, daughter, brother, or sister.
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from FAO up to the amount of US$700. In some cases, the terms of sponsored internships may vary depending upon the agreement between FAO and the institution sponsoring the intern.
- Duration: for individual applicants, the assignment usually ranges from three months to a maximum period of six months;
- Interns who are sponsored, the maximum duration of the internship is defined by the agreement between FAO and the sponsoring institution;
- Applicants should apply to the Internship Programme only if they meet the minimum criteria.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply online through iRecruitment in three easy steps:
1) Create the Personal Profile Form (PPF) online in iRecruitment
2) Attach a letter of motivation
3) Apply to the vacancy: "IRC3038: Call for Interest: Internship Programme"
Eligible applications will be retained for a maximum period of six months. Only successful candidates will be contacted by FAO.
For iRecruitment user guidelines, please refer to the application toolkit
NOTE: The selection process is open throughout the year.