Internship focused on World Aquaculture Performance Indicators (WAPI)
FAO has an ongoing initiative on development of a user-friendly tool called World Aquaculture Performance Indicators (WAPI) for the purpose of facilitating evidence-based policymaking and sector management in aquaculture and related sectors. A WAPI prototype has been developed. It contains templates on aquaculture and/or fish production, trade and consumption as well as other social, economic and environmental aspects of aquaculture at global, regional and/or national levels. Following the suggestions of experts who tested the prototype, FAO has been trying to refine and expand selected templates in the prototype into fully functioned WAPI modules. Such tailor-made WAPI modules can be used to facilitate evidence-based decision making; they can also help potential users appreciate the value of WAPI and attract collaboration and support to its development. Two WAPI modules, one on aquaculture production and the other on fish consumption, have been drafted and need to be finalized.
- Be recent graduates (within 2 years of the most recent graduation) or students in a recognised university or graduate school programme and have completed at the very least two years of undergraduate studies in aquaculture, fisheries, economics or other related fields.
- A working knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of other FAO official languages (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) could be an asset.
- Experience in data processing and analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in statistical software (e.g. STATA).
For more information click "Further official information" below.