After the submission deadline scientific evaluation officers at CNIO’s Scientific Management Department will assess eligibility of the submitted applications.
An Evaluation Panel, formed by experienced CNIO senior scientists, will review eligible proposals. The selection will be based on the candidate’s CV according to the number and relevance of publications, fellowships obtained under competitive calls, participation in international meetings, reference letters and other merits (teaching, patents, mobility, etc.).
- Selected candidate will be offered the fellowship and invited to accept the position within 1 week after being notified. The candidate will be expected to start the fellowship no later than the end of May, 2017.
- Selected candidate will be employed by the CNIO through a working contract in accordance to Spanish laws and regulations, and will be entitled to all benefits available to regular CNIO employees. Accordingly, contracts fully cover social security, including sickness and parental benefits, pension rights and unemployment benefits.
- Banco Santander Foundation – CNIO fellows will receive a gross annual salary of 30,400 to 34,200 Euros, which corresponds to a monthly net income of approximately 1,850 to 2,050 Euros. The salary will depend on the applicant’s previous experience at the time of the application.
- During the duration of their contract, the postdoctoral scientist must work full time at the CNIO and may not be the beneficiary of any other fellowship, grant, stipend or other regular income.
- The contract does not imply any obligation on the part of the CNIO regarding further employment. This does not exclude that, after expiry of the two-year contract, the postdoctoral scientist may continue working at the CNIO provided that additional funding from other sources can be secured.
- At the end of the 1st and 2nd years of their contract, fellows are required to prepare a report that summarizes their activities and scientific achievements.
- Fellow’s performance will be periodically monitored through review meetings with their mentor at the CNIO.
Online application form
- Please note that the application form must be completed in English.
- We suggest you to prepare the requested information in any standard text processor and paste it into the application form.
- All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and have to be completed. Please provide your full name and last name. Do not use initials or abbreviations.
- You will be asked to insert the date the PhD or MD degree was conferred. If you do not hold a PhD or MD degree at the time of submission of this application, please insert the date when you are expected to obtain your degree.
- You must provide the names and e-mail addresses of two referees; one of them has to be your thesis supervisor. In the case that you did not obtain your PhD or MD degree before submitting your application, the reference letter from the supervisor of your thesis must also include a statement to confirm that you are expected to obtain your degree by September 30, 2016. The chosen referees must submit the scanned signed letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, entering the applicant’s full name in the subject line. It is your responsibility to ensure that all reference letters are sent to the CNIO before the application deadline. The CNIO will NOT contact referees to request reference letters. Please note that your application will NO T be considered eligible unless all reference letters have been received before the application deadline.
- A list of all your indexed publications must also be sent to email@example.com before September 30, 2016, using the Excel template "Scientific Productivity" provided together with the call. Please fill in the template with the list of your publications as follows: include the complete title and the author list (as they appear in the publication) in standard PubMed format; the year; the name; and the impact factor of the journal (according to the year of the publication) where your work has been accepted for publication or published. For all published publications, you must also provide the link to the publication; either through a research engine (PubMed, Embase, etc.) or as a direct access to the journal where it was published.
- Use the “Comments” text box to include any information you consider relevant for your application and which you have not provided elsewhere. Also, use this space to make any comments you may have. You can also leave it blank.
- At the end of the application process, you will be asked to upload a file containing your complete CV, preferable in pdf format; doc and rtf formats are also accepted. Please note that the size of this document must not exceed 1MB.
- After having entered all the required information you can submit your application by pressing the “Submit” button. Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to you. A reference number will be assigned to your application and should be included in any further correspondence.
For more information click "Further official information" below.