The Käte Hamburger Kolleg Dynamics in the History of Religions between Asia and Europe at the Center for Religious Studies (CERES) of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum (Germany) invites applications for
Research Fellowships for periods of 3 to 6 months during the academic year October 2017 - September 2018.
The KHK invites applications from scholars who are working on case studies of religious encounters with a focus on a particular geographical region, a particular period of time and a particular constellation of encounters between two or more religions. Each case study will map the occasions as well as the historical and social contexts of such encounters. Most importantly, the proposals will have to address the issues (e.g. doctrine, practice, cosmology, etc.) relevant to the respective contact situations.
What we expect
- the publication of results from your case study in the form of one or more articles as a contribution to a newly developed KHK Online Companion to Eurasian Religions in Contact;
- the willingness to make use, in your case study, of theoretical concepts developed at the KHK over the past years, including specific critical evaluations of of e.g. “purity”, “secret”, “tradition”, “media”, “the senses”, “the immanence/transcendence-distinction” and “dynamics/stability”;
- your residence and continuous presence in Bochum during your fellowship;
- your committed participation to the activities of the Käte Hamburger Kolleg.
- Applicants must at least hold a Ph.D.
Ruhr-Universität Bochum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and members of minorities to apply. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a current CV, including a list of publications, and an exposé of the intended research (approximately 3-5 pages). Application materials should be submitted by e-mail only as a single pdf-file. Please send your application before September 30, 2016 to email@example.com
For more information click "Further official information" below.