Fellowship Programme for Excellent Students
The Government of Flanders awards up to 45scholarships to outstanding Master students.The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).
The Flemish Host institution applies on behalf of the student.
General eligibility requirements
- The applicant is registered as a full-time student at a higher education institution (hereafter ‘Home Institution’) at the moment of application, and applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish Host Institution’).
Students who have just completed their Bachelor studies in November-December 2015 in a country where the higher education institutions have a different academic calendar than the one at the Flemish Host Institution, can still apply through the Flemish Host Institution under this call.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish Host Institution.
- The Home Institution of the applicantand the Flemish Host Institution have signed a cooperation agreement.
- Students from all countries can apply. The Home Institution is located outside of Flanders.
The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish Host institution.
The deadline for applications by the Flemish Host Institution is 31stMarch 2016.
Beware of internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution.
A Flemish selection committee awards the scholarships, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training.
- Launch of call: December 2015
- Deadline for application: 31stMarch 2016
- Selection: April 2016
- Announcement of selection results: May 2016
- Start of mobility: September 2016, for the academic year 2016-2017
Should you have questions about the scholarship programme, you can contact the Flemish Host Institution or: email@example.com