he submission period for the European Design Awards 2016 is now open!
Each year the European Design Awards celebrate excellence in the fields of print, web and exhibition design, illustration, packaging, mobile apps and motion graphics. With 35 available categories, the ED-Awards are the most prestigious and comprehensive awards organisation to recognise and promote your work.
The ED-Awards are unique in their field in the sense that their jury is made up by editors of the most important print and digital design publications. The ED-Awards aim is to always keep moving forward and evolving as an organisation and a service to communication designers throughout the european continent.
- The submission rules must be published at least one month before the submission period. The submission period is between 1 December 2015 and 19 February 2016. In order for a submission to be valid, the fee needs to be paid before the deadline and the posted sample must arrive to European Designs Greek office no later than 20 February 2016. The organisers reserve the right to extend the deadline provided that they announce it in due time.
- Only work published during the previous calendar year is eligible for submission.
- Any material submitted becomes the property of the organisers and cannot be returned.
- Entries cannot be submitted without the prior permission of the client/owner of the rights to the work.
- The organisers reserve the right to publish submissions in the ED-Awards catalogue, the ED-Awards website, promotional material and exhibitions. When doing so they must always acknowledge the designer/company. They also reserve the right to record and publish videos and pictures from the award ceremony.
Form of submissions
- The exact requirements for each submission are stated under each category (e.g. size, resolution, document formats). Submissions can be made online via the ED-Awards website.
- The organisers and the jury have the right to move submissions to a more appropriate category if necessary.
- A customs invoice should be included with the shipment when applicable, marked "Contest material – no commercial value". If the courier company requires a value of the goods, please use nominal values (e.g. 1 €/item). It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the shipment is delivered to the European Design office in Athens and to cover all courier, mailing and insurance cost as well as any import duties.
- European Design will cover normal credit card fees. If you the participants choose bank or money transfer alternatives, any transfer or exchange fees is covered by them.
- The participants may withdraw their submissions at any time up to the jury meeting. If they withdraw them before the end of the submission period, the submission fee will be returned. A fee of 15% will be withheld in order to cover credit card fees and administration expenses.
Acceptance of rules
- By submitting entries the participants agree to the rules. Non-compliance with any of the rules will result in the automatic disqualification of the entry.
Awards & catalogue
- There are three levels of distinction: Gold, Silver and Bronze.
- In each category, a Gold is only awarded if the jury believes that the specific work is of extremely high calibre. The Gold winners receive a trophy during the Award Ceremony. In rare cases, the maximum of two Gold awards may be given in one category.
- Silver winners receive a diploma during the Award Ceremony. A maximum of five Silver awards are given per category.
- Bronze winners receive a diploma by post or in the ED-Conference reception. A maximum of five Bronze awards are given per category.
- All award winners (gold, silver and bronze) will be published in the ED-Awards catalogue and on the ED-Awards website.
- All gold winners will receive one free sample, excluding shipping. Each winner will receive one free copy regardless of the number of submissions included in the catalogue.
Announcement of judges' decisions
- The award winners will be informed at least one month before the award ceremony but not officially announced before the award ceremony.
- The participants who did not win will also be informed via e-mail no later than two weeks before the award ceremony.