ECPMF’s Journalists-in-Residence Programme
The ECPMF's Journalists-in-Residence programme is designed to temporarily host journalists from across geographical Europe who face harassment and intimidations in their home country. It provides a refuge pro tempore, a safe place to continue ones work and – if so desired by those hosted – a platform to highlight threats to media freedom back home.THE NEXT AVAILABLE RESIDENCIES WILL TAKE PLACE WITHIN THE PERIOD FROM JULY 2017 TO JANUARY 2018. THE NEXT DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 19 MAY 2017.
Key info at a glance
- Eligible to apply for the programme are journalists living in a EU28 country or in one of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine
- Timeframe of the upcoming residency cycle: July 2017 to January 2018 (individual arrangements within this timeframe possible to a certain extent)
- Command of either English or German required (at least on B2 level)
- ECPMF provides free accommodation in Leipzig as well as a monthly grant of 1.000 EUR
- Costs are being covered for visa fees (if applicable), travel to and from Leipzig, as well as for health insurance for the duration of his/her stay
How to Apply
Send us your application via e-mail tor to the postal address indicated below. All personal information will be treated confidential. We will confirm a successful application by an official letter of invitation which serves as support for the visa application.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.